Force Regional Forum

Debate: Midterm Elections, May 2021

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
on: May 04, 2021, 11:58:38 pm
Debate: General Elections, March 2021

Debates close on March 7 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Brief Overview

The Debate period is intended to be a time in which citizens can assess the competence of candidates running for office and make an informed decision in the voting period that follows. All citizens may ask questions to the candidates and while the candidates are not legally bound to answering these questions, it is highly encouraged. Candidates are however legally bound to answer all questions asked of them by the Founder.

List Candidates for the House of Representatives
Sidervida (TFP)
South Krimelski (TFP)
Morglia (TFP)
Xyrgistan (UPP)

Candidates for the High Court
Tigslarlowducken (F)
Krovx Belgium (R)

Relevant Law

1. As a candidate, you are required to answer all questions asked to you by the Founder (Renegalle) and the Speaker of the House (Kronisia) during this Debate or you will be automatically disqualified (ßB.4.1).

Required: Questions for All House of Representatives List Candidates

1. Which House Bills do you plan to create, pass or repeal? Why?

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? How would this improve the Constitution?

3. What qualifies you to serve in the House? What makes this qualifying?

4. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?

5. How will you ensure that your constituents' voices are heard in the house?

6. What reforms would you make to the house itself, if any? This can be in terms of structure, how the House conducts its work, or in any other manner.

Required: Questions for All High Court Candidates

1. The Justices are responsible for deciding the punishment for a person found guilty, following a trial. You are required to do so with the advice of the Jury. With this in mind, how would you balance your own thoughts on how harsh punishment should be with the Jury's recommendation?

2. The Justices are responsible for determining whether any laws contradict the Constitution. With this power in mind, what method(s) would you use to come to a decision as to the legality of a law? If a law was not necessarily illegal but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for it to be overturned?

3. Do you believe it is more important to take your time when deciding the verdict for a case, even if it means the guilty party goes longer without punishment, or do you believe it is more important to quickly decide on a verdict, even if it means the punishment may not be as suitable as otherwise? What factors would tilt this more in favour of one or the other?

4. Similarly to Q2, if a case was brought to the court against someone who had not necessarily done something that was illegal, but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for the case to be considered?

5. In what way, if at all, would you like to see the Judiciary changed or reformed?

Wax Krovx Belgium

• Minister of Foreign Affairs
  • Belgian Lives Matter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 12:25:40 am
1. The Justices are responsible for deciding the punishment for a person found guilty, following a trial. You are required to do so with the advice of the Jury. With this in mind, how would you balance your own thoughts on how harsh punishment should be with the Jury's recommendation?
Follow What The Jury Says, Unless It Is Overly Harsh.
2. The Justices are responsible for determining whether any laws contradict the Constitution. With this power in mind, what method(s) would you use to come to a decision as to the legality of a law? If a law was not necessarily illegal but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for it to be overturned?
Take The Advice Of The Other Justices And My Own Thoughts. If A Law Went Against The Character Of The Constitution, I Feel Whether It Should Be Overturned Should Be Handle On A Case By Case Basis.
3. Do you believe it is more important to take your time when deciding the verdict for a case, even if it means the guilty party goes longer without punishment, or do you believe it is more important to quickly decide on a verdict, even if it means the punishment may not be as suitable as otherwise? What factors would tilt this more in favour of one or the other?
Time Should Be Taken In Order To Assure That Nothing Is Missed.
4. Similarly to Q2, if a case was brought to the court against someone who had not necessarily done something that was illegal, but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for the case to be considered?
No. For It Would Not Be Illegal.
5. In what way, if at all, would you like to see the Judiciary changed or reformed?
Encourage Interest In The Judiciary.

South Krimelski

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 07:49:15 am
Right now I don't have any plans, they mostly come spontaneous, but mostly turn out good

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? How would this improve the Constitution?
Same as above

I was a long time member of Congress in another region and was also the General Secretary (Speaker) for a long time there, so I have practical experience.

4. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?
I do not plan to run for speaker, since I don't have the knowledge of how it works in this Union. I also don't know people good enough to place a solid suggestion for a better candidate here.

My NS-Telegrams and my Discord is open for messages all the time and I only can encourage people to use it and let me know what bothers them and I'll make sure to read through it and give feedback on the ideas/suggestions and also forward those of course.

6. What reforms would you make to the house itself, if any? This can be in terms of structure, how the House conducts its work, or in any other manner.
I'd have to get used to the procedures at first to see how it can be changed and optimized

Tigslarlowducken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08:10 am
Q. The Justices are responsible for deciding the punishment for a person found guilty, following a trial. You are required to do so with the advice of the Jury. With this in mind, how would you balance your own thoughts on how harsh punishment should be with the Jury's recommendation?
A. The Jury generally doesn't generally make sentencing recommendations. Why is this question still in circulation

Q. The Justices are responsible for determining whether any laws contradict the Constitution. With this power in mind, what method(s) would you use to come to a decision as to the legality of a law? If a law was not necessarily illegal but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for it to be overturned?
A. Depends on the circumstances.

Q. Do you believe it is more important to take your time when deciding the verdict for a case, even if it means the guilty party goes longer without punishment, or do you believe it is more important to quickly decide on a verdict, even if it means the punishment may not be as suitable as otherwise? What factors would tilt this more in favour of one or the other?
A. As always, it depends on the circumstances.

Q. Similarly to Q2, if a case was brought to the court against someone who had not necessarily done something that was illegal, but went against the character of the Constitution, would you consider that fair grounds for the case to be considered?
A. No

Q. In what way, if at all, would you like to see the Judiciary changed or reformed?
A. I am for an appointed Court with a longer term duration.

Campaign song:
https://youtu.be/HxkmXnRQblE
You are now breathing manually

Xyrgistan

• Vote for the Union People's Party!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:10 am

As several of my fellow candidates have mentioned, most bills are proposed spontaneously, often in response to an unpredictable event that happens to the Union. However, I do have one suggestion currently:

The Fair Elections Act: This Act would change the system of elections for the House to make it more representative by abolishing the general elections at the midterms and instead always holding elections in which each region gets a number of seats proportional to their population for which only citizens of that particular region can run and only citizens of that particular region can vote for. There will also be several "Union Seats" for which any citizen of the Union can run and everyone votes on with a single transferable vote. This Act will ensure that no region is underrepresented, while still proportionally representing the citizens of the Union as a whole.

I believe that the Constitution should be amended so that the regional constitutions of states in the Union have higher authority than Union Federal Law. Right now Union Federal Law has higher authority than regional Constitutional law, meaning hypothetically the Federal House can amend a region's Constitution without the consent of the people in the region or even the region's elected representative. For example, if the House passed a law that mandated that all regions must have a President chosen by the Prime Minister, even if a region had its own unique system of government which perfectly represented its citizens' needs, the state would be forced to have a President appointed by the Prime Minister. Essentially, right now the House is able to force its will on to State governments, which I don't think is very democratic. However, though this loophole exists, I don't see it being a problem right now so this would not be at the top of my agenda - other things have higher priorities right now.

I have a lot of experience in various governments around the Union. I have been Minister of Foreign Affairs for Heart, Governor of Hyperion, Deputy-Directer of Internal Affairs of the Citizens' Alliance for Democracy, Ambassador for the Union, and a couple others over time. I believe these offices have given me important experience which will allow me to navigate the complexities of the House and better represent my constituents.

I do not plan on running for Speaker. If elected, I will endorse and vote for West Kronisia because of their experience and past record of leading the House well.

I will always be available to my constituents so they can ask questions or explain their views. Additionally, I think it might be a good idea for the House to have somewhat regular assemblies when citizens can interact with their representatives directly as a whole.

6. What reforms would you make to the House itself, if any? This can be in terms of structure, how the House conducts its work, or in any other manner.

I would like to change the election system for the House so that instead of having General Midterms, all elections are conducted so that each region gets a number of seats for which only citizens of that particular region can run along with several general Union seats for which parties can register. This would ensure that no region is overrepresented in the House and the citizens are still proportionally represented. (See Question 1)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:47:57 pm by Xyrgistan »
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Heart
World Assembly Delegate for Heart
Governor of Hyperion
Lord Speaker of The New Kingdom
Deputy Director of Internal Affairs of the Citizens' Alliance of Democracy
Director of World Assembly Affairs for the Union
Federal House Representative for the Union-at-Large
Ambassador for the Union

Sidervida

• Advisor to the Prime Minister
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 11:53:50 am

I plan on passing a bill that allows for better transitioning when it comes to Prime Ministers. Itís something I believe should happens as soon as possible. As of right now, I cannot think of anything I would repeal.

Right now, I donít see anything that should be amended in the Constitution.

I have served as a House Representative before. And I have experience because of this. I believe I can accomplish working in the House of Representatives again.

I do not plan on running for speaker. I do not believe I have what it takes to be a speaker for the House.

By allowing discussions on bills to not only be accepted and agreed by one person, but everyone in the House. This is something I find very important, and not allowing everyoneís voice to be heard can be very dangerous for discussions on bills or other House meanings.

If I see how something is not working for everyone which includes the Speaker and the House Representatives, Then there will need to be change to whatever is not allowing the house to be smooth with. But as of right now, I do not see anything that needs to be changed or reformed.

Morglia

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 10:17:29 am

I plan to create the presidential bill my reason is to create a ceremonial role. I also plan on forming the national Assembly of the Force as it main legislative body. I have been planning on passing bill I call the truth bill, the bill will allow Force citizens to have more power say in the government. I will also pass a faster prime Minister transitioning bill which will speed will speed up the process of prime Minister power transition.

The constitution should be amended by creating the ceremonial rob the president and forming the National Assembly.

I am ready to work with other parties to move forward.
I have a trustworthy personality and will always try to stay on time.

4. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate

I donít plan on running for speaker

I will speak always ask for the opinions of other members of the house for their opinion and feedback on any policy Iíll be making.

I plan on possibly dissolving the house to form a National Assembly.