Force Union Forum

House Bill X: Classified Information Categories

Offline Tigslarlowducken

• Chief Justice
    • View Profile
on: June 01, 2021, 10:36:00 pm
House Bill X: Classified Information Categories
Purpose: Although Article B, Section 1.2 of the Union Constitution grants the government to classify information which, if released, could threaten the safety and security of the Union, it does not provide any clarification on what information is considered classified or how to differentiate between classified and declassified information.
Author: Tigslarlowducken

Article A: Classified Information Categories
1. When marking a document or other media as classified, the alphabetic designation will be clearly placed directly above, below, or on the media.
2. The hierarchy of classified information is as follows:
2.1. C/NONE - Declassified
2.2. C/WDO - Within Division Only
2.3. C/FAM - Sensitive Foreign Affairs-Related Material
2.4. C/DEF - Sensitive Defense-Related Material
2.5. C/DISC - Founder & PM's Discretion
3. The Founder and Prime Minister may choose at their discretion to distribute classified media and information to individuals they view require the material.
3.1. The leader of the division in which a given piece of C/WDO media is created may choose at their discretion to distribute that media and/or information to individuals they view require the material.

Article B: Elaboration
1. Classification levels are assigned by the Founder and Prime Minister.
2. The High Court may subpoena classified information as part of an investigation or trial with a majority vote.
2.1. Failure to comply with such a Court order may be punished under Article I, Section 2 of the Union Constitution.
2.2. Attempting to conceal or succeeding in concealing classified information from a High Court subpoena is punishable under Article I, Section 4 and Article I, Section 1 of the Union Constitution.
3. Declassified material may be viewed by and distributed to anyone.
4. C/WDO material may be viewed by and distributed to only citizens who are a member of the federal ministry or other government division, such as the High Commission or Union Armed Forces, in which the document was created.
5. C/FAM material may be viewed by and distributed to only members of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the House of Representatives.
6. C/DEF material may be viewed by and distributed to only members of the Union Armed Forces and the House of Representatives.
7. C/DIS material may be viewed by and distributed to only the Founder, Prime Minister, and individuals specifically granted access to that material by their discretion.

Article C: Unlawful Disclosure
1. Unlawful disclosure is defined as enabling unauthorized individuals to view or otherwise access classified material.
2. Unlawful disclosure of classified material, with the exception of C/DEF, C/FA, or C/DISC, is punishable by removal of government positions.
3. Unlawful disclosure of C/FA, C/DEF, or C/DISC is punishable by Article I, Section 1 and Article I, Section 2 of the Union Constitution.
You are now breathing manually