Force Union Forum

Debate: Union General Election, November 2021

Offline Sir Salibaic

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Hoot
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2021, 02:13:57 pm
Debate: Union General Election, November 2021

Debate closes on November 7th at 18:15 GMT.

Brief Overview

The Debate period is intended to be a time in which citizens can assess the competence of candidates running for office and make an informed decision in the voting period that follows. All citizens may ask questions to the candidates and while the candidates are not legally bound to answer these questions, it is highly encouraged. Candidates are however legally bound to answer all questions asked of them by the Founder or Speaker.

Candidates for Prime Minister:

Aerien - Force - Union People's Party
Krovx Belgium - RGBN - Independent
Sir Lashnakia- Force - Independent
Empire of Elysium - Heart - Federalist Party
Caribou Island - Force - Union People's Party
Burgers in CAD - Citizens' Alliance of Democracy - Union People's Party
Epic Super Bros - Heart - Federalist Party

Candidates for House Representatives:

Sir The Scottish Republic - Heart - Federalist Party
Aerien - Force - Union People's Party
New Glaceon - The New Kingdom - Union People's Party
Krovx Belgium - RGBN - Independent
Tigslarlowducken - Force - Indepdendent
New Waltonburg - Union - Federalist Party
Bertilistan - Union - Federalist Party
West Kronisia - Citizens' Alliance of Democracy - Union People's Party
Spadnorth - Canterbury - Independent
Sidervida - Force - Federalist Party
Battadia - Hyperion - Union People's Party
Empire of Elysium - Heart - Federalist Party
Caribou Island - Force - Union People's Party
Unified Columbia - Citizens' Alliance of Democracy - Federalist Party
Sir Suter - RGBN - Federalist Party
Neo-Caduceo - Citizens Alliance of Democracy - Independent
Epic Super Bros - Heart - Federalist Party
Illyrus - Heart - Independent
Sir Sumeka - Force - Federalist Party

*Candidiates on both Union list and constituency shall be marked by their primary constituency rather than Union

Relevant Law

1. As a candidate, you are required to answer all questions asked to you by the Founder (Renegalle) and the Speaker of the House (Salibaic) during this Debate or you will be automatically disqualified (§B.4.1).

Required: Questions for all Prime Minister Candidates

1. What makes you the best candidate for Prime Minister? What do you bring to the office which your opponent does not and why do you think you are better positioned to succeed in whatever you undertake?

2. How do you plan to address the current recruitment issues facing not just the capital but the Union as a whole, what steps will you take and how will this be brought about?

3. Who would you appoint to your ideal Cabinet (ex-members, people who would be ineligible, and people not necessarily willing to serve can be included)? Why would you choose these people and what specific things would they bring to each office that you consider being most important?

4. If elected, how do you plan (if at all) to change the structure of the existing Ministries? Would you consider abolishing, creating, or merging any of them? Why?

5. What will be on your legislative agenda? What reforms would you like to make to existing laws and how will you lobby the House to pass these reforms?

6. What plans do you have to tackle inactivity in the world assembly, what will you do to address this issue? Please provide a detailed plan.

7. The Union in recent history has had an image problem when it comes to foreign affairs, how do you plan to address this?

8. Do you plan on restoring the Union Armed Forces? If so, what do you plan for it?

9. As Prime Minister of the Union, it is your job to ensure the voices of every state and territory is heard and not just the capital. What plans do you have to address the lack of inter-union participation?

10. The Union Roleplay has suffered from serious inactivity issues. What are your plans to address this?

11. The Union has suffered from a lack of voter turnout in recent months. What are your plans to address this?

12. Any other comments you would like to add?

Required: Questions for all House Representative Candidates

1. Which House Bills do you plan to pass and/or repeal? Why?

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? Explain how the changes would improve the current system of governance.

3. What qualifies you to serve in the House? What makes this qualifying?

4. Do you think any changes should be made to existing House Procedures? If so, what changes should be made and why?

5. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?

6. How do you plan to ensure the voices of your constituents are heard while in office?

7. How do you feel about the influence parties have on the House and electoral process, and should it be more or less? Explain your answer fully.

8. The House of Representatives is the sole legal body with the ability to remove a Prime Minister from office with citizens vote after confirming it. Under what circumstances would you support the removal of one and what constitutes 'going too far'? Cite specific legal passages if necessary and ensure that your answer is sufficiently detailed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:41:14 am by Renegalle »

Offline Tigslarlowducken

• Chief Justice
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 02:21:41 pm

A. I have no planned bills at this time.

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? Explain how the changes would improve the current system of governance.
A. I have no planned amendments at this time.

A. I have a considerable amount of previous legislative and judicial experience.

4. Do you think any changes should be made to existing House Procedures? If so, what changes should be made and why?
A. No

5. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?
A. I do not plan on running. As for the best candidate, I would need to see who is interested in the office.

6. How do you plan to ensure the voices of your constituents are heard while in office?
A. I will thoroughly review and consider any messages my constituents choose to send me.

7. How do you feel about the influence parties have on the House and electoral process, and should it be more or less? Explain your answer fully.
A. No comment.

8. The House of Representatives is the sole legal body with the ability to remove a Prime Minister from office with citizens vote after confirming it. Under what circumstances would you support the removal of one and what constitutes 'going too far'? Cite specific legal passages if necessary and ensure that your answer is sufficiently detailed.
A. A situation similar to what happened with the unannounced refounding of TSSU could be grounds for impeachment. I often think that we probably should have launched an inquiry into that.
You are now breathing manually

Offline Sir Salibaic

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Hoot
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 02:40:41 pm

I hope to bring in a formal penal code and work with however the next prime minister may be on a formal civil service act.

I would like to see an expansion of the rights of citizens' including enshrining the right to vote and other judicial protections such as the right to legal counsel. I would also like to abolish the removal of citizenship as a punishment. Banishment should be only in the hands of OOC moderation not IC governance.

I'm the most senior representative serving in the first-ever House of Representatives. I am also currently the deputy speaker. I also have worked on key legislation such as the Freedom of Information Act. I previously served as Prime Minister of the Union and also currently serving as First Minister of Heart.

With an enlarged house, I would like to bring in revising committees and house hearings to question executive officials and scrutinize house bills. I would also like to bring informal debate rules and ensure the use of Majority and Minority Leaders is utilized.

I would like to stand for Speaker. Although my good friend Empire of Elysium has done a good job, I feel I would be better qualified for the position.

I hope to hold weekly meetings with constituents and work with them to ensure Heart is heard in the House alongside my fellow Heartizen reps.

I feel parties provide a positive influence as they allow for reps to band together to ensure a vast majority of people are heard as well as to provide stability. I believe the current system of electing representatives is fair and parties have a big enough role already in that process however, I would like to see more parties.

I would support impeachment if gross misconduct took place or if the PM acted in such a way to undermine the Union.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:27:39 pm by Sir Salibaic »

Offline Spsouth

• Just Me
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 03:57:33 pm

A: Nothing at the moment
A: i have no amendments planned
A: past experiences in politcs
A: Nope
A: I Am Thinking In Running and for best candidate is anyone that i find better
A: I will consider and minutely check
A: No Comment
8. The House of Representatives is the sole legal body with the ability to remove a Prime Minister from office with citizens vote after confirming it. Under what circumstances would you support the removal of one and what constitutes 'going too far'? Cite specific legal passages if necessary and ensure that your answer is sufficiently detailed
A: I would support impeachment if anyone have a very bad behavior ane if the pm mess up or have a very bad behavior

Offline Battadia

• Justices
  • THE NEGOTIATOR!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 04:12:13 pm
None.
I have two planned amendments, the Citizenship Removal Clarity Act and the Appointment Transparency Act.

The Citizenship Removal Clarity Act will improve governance by specifying the length of time a citizen's citizenship is removed for, and helps close a loophole whereby they can claim that their punishment is unconstitutional.

The Appointment Transparency Act will improve governance by giving the citizenry access to who was considered for what positions and why. This means that the appointment process will be crystal-clear and will prevent any accusations of "favouritism".
I have been in leadership positions for a large portion of my time here in Force, including as the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
No.
No. As for the best candidate, it depends on who makes it in to the House in the first place.
My door will always be open to my constituents, and any questions or concerns they have which are a matter for the House I will be sure to bring up in Session.
Parties appear to serve no purpose except to polarise the Force community along regional lines during the election season. Both parties have much the same policies, and in Executive government nobody even mentions parties.
I would support the removal of the Prime Minister in line with the grounds provided in the Constitution.
PARLIAMENTARIANISM FTW!

Offline Shialia

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 04:56:21 pm
I do plan on trying to allow for court reforms to try and have a more balanced system as well as reform the punishments to be less severe.

In general I think provinces should have 2 house reps instead of just one allowing them more say in the government as they are a important part of the system as well

I have had many jobs around the Union first starting off in Force's Media as the Editor in Chief of the Force Flyer. Then from there I led The New Kingdom, designed its constitution and generally tried to rally support for it. But you can't do it alone and as such my mental health came into play and I had to resign the postion now with TNK under new leadership I can focus on rallying for it while there is a strong homefront presence to give it direction. I am also a Director in CAD for Regional events and its Deputy Director of Communications. I am also the Consul of Culture in Hyperion and have worked in TNK, CAD and Hyperion for most of my Union career so I know the territories very well.

No
No I do not plan on running for speaker but I definetly think Sir Salibiac would be a good choice for speaker due to his impartial views and the fact he is always willing to listen.

I plan on holding town halls with the populace every week or two depending on the activity and meetings between the local government and the Union government will definetlely help make sure the populaces demands are heard

While it definetely is a issue we can't have people in parties make a new system for parties as it will lead to the majority party making all the rules and the minority feeling cheated. Parties have a place as its part of what can be called the Force Legal Roleplay as it adds culture to the region and its always excited seeing shake ups

I wouldve definetly supported a removal of the Prime Minister under the TSSU debacle alot sooner as Force is not a offensive raider region. If anything it should only act in defense. Since we where not raided by them there was no reason to raid and try to refound as it just lead to more probelms. If the PM tries to use the postion to gain power in territories or God forbid a foriegn power then thats the PM going to far.

Offline BaddieTheGuy

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 07:49:51 pm
Prime Minister Questions

1. Well, I'm a man of several hobbies. I like to barbecue, play board games, and do pottery. I'm a real party animal too. I once went to bed at 8:30PM. I'm also the drummer in a Dungeons & Dragons themed punk rap band called Pegasus and the Rad Wizards.

2. Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, without offence I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

3. I would appoint the first few people to ask me for a job. Why? Because I'm just such a generous soul and I believe everyone deserves to follow their dreams.

4. I think the best course of action for restructuring our ministries is to flip around the names of each ministry. My reasoning for this is to completely confuse our enemies abroad.

5. I think the biggest issue facing the Union is that not enough people are wearing silly hats. It's a tragedy! I will persuade representatives with a brand new sodie pop machine to help me create new laws that will enforce mandatory silly hat wearing every Thursday from 9AM - 5PM.

6. We can blame liberals for the recent cause of inactivity. Liberals have made the online world a dangerous place. People are afraid to leave their homes! You can't even be a flat earther anymore without a liberal to come and tell how you wrong you are! As your liberal candidate, I will create the Anti-Liberal Legion and will destroy every liberal on the planet except for Jimmy Carter.

7. I plan on making our image even worse!

8. No.

9. I will personally give the citizens of each state and territory a hug. The best way to way to work with people is through acts of kindness. If they don't want my hugs, I will forcefully remove Force.

10. The problem with the Union Roleplay is that it's not sexy enough. This is a very serious flaw. My editions to the Roleplay will include prostitutes, carnauba wax, illegally imported cheeses from Bosnia, and much more. Just you wait! My editions will be off the hook, babyyyy.

11. As I mentioned earlier, I like to barbecue. So to raise voter turnout, I promise to fire up the grill and cook up some democracy sausages for every single citizen who votes! And yes, there will also be vegetarian options as well.

12. Bruh.

House Representative Questions

1. I plan passing a new bill that will make some big progressive changes to the Union!

2. You really think I read the constitution? I'm a very busy man. I have a cocaine business to run!

3. I am really good at dodgeball. Why does this make me qualified? Well in the game of dodgeball you must be quick to dodge anything coming your way so as a politician, you have to be ready to dodge questions.

4. Yeah probably.

5. I personally don't plan on running for Speaker but I think my tax guy could do it. He's really got it all figured out.

6. I will drag them to meeting so they can voice their concerns.

7. I'm all for it! People against that are probably people who have never been invited to a party before so they wanna ruin the fun for everyone else.

8. I support the removal of a Prime Minister if said Prime Minister really pissed me off. Let's not worry too much about what constitutes "going too far" and worry more about what constitutes "not going far enough".

Offline Chris_Sijo

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 03:24:12 am
1. What makes you the best candidate for Prime Minister? What do you bring to the office which your opponent does not and why do you think you are better positioned to succeed in whatever you undertake?

I feel my effective administration skills, leadership skills and strategy will help a lot in making me a good candidate for prime minister

2. How do you plan to address the current recruitment issues facing not just the capital but the Union as a whole, what steps will you take and how will this be brought about?

I feel the current recruitment procedure is fine. We just need an increase of recruiters and also we need to add some recruiting party leader in every state to figure out if the state is facing recruitment issue

3. Who would you appoint to your ideal Cabinet (ex-members, people who would be ineligible, and people not necessarily willing to serve can be included)? Why would you choose these people and what specific things would they bring to each office that you consider being most important?

I will assign the people according to skill and interviews. (People with fewer skills will be recruited for lower positions)

4. If elected, how do you plan (if at all) to change the structure of the existing Ministries? Would you consider abolishing, creating, or merging any of them? Why?

I would like to add a Ministry of Defence. The ministry will make sure the union is progressing and impose a curfew on states that do not abide. They will also be essential for the protection of the Union. We need to also have a Ministry of Economy to manage the treasury and the economic affairs of the country

5. What will be on your legislative agenda? What reforms would you like to make to existing laws and how will you lobby the House to pass these reforms?

A law must be added to make sure that the people are satisfied with their representative or PM. Monthly surveys of them will be taken. If the people are not satisfied, the PM or representative can be impeached and replaced with another one

6. What plans do you have to tackle inactivity in the world assembly, what will you do to address this issue? Please provide a detailed plan.

First of all, I would like to split the Ministry of WA Affairs from the Ministry of Internal Affairs. This will allow us to tackle this issue better. Next I would start recruiting more ministers and member to this ministry. Lastly, the people can also join the WA to tackle this issue.

7. The Union in recent history has had an image problem when it comes to foreign affairs, how do you plan to address this?

I plan on increasing the Union's influence around the region and start having diplomatic relations with others with the help of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Furthermore, we need to have more achievements we and the world can be proud of. So we have to motivate the citizens to do something 

8. Do you plan on restoring the Union Armed Forces? If so, what do you plan for it?

No

9. As Prime Minister of the Union, it is your job to ensure the voices of every state and territory is heard and not just the capital. What plans do you have to address the lack of inter-union participation?

I will make sure that every state and territory is satisfied with their representative and their participation in the union. If they are not the PM can be advised on how to improve it by the house of representatives.

10. The Union Roleplay has suffered from serious inactivity issues. What are your plans to address this?

I would suggest that if a member of Roleplay member is inactive for more than 3 days without prior notice, he/she can be removed from the roleplay.

11. The Union has suffered from a lack of voter turnout in recent months. What are your plans to address this?

To take care of this we can voting compulsory(not the best idea). Or we can also convince people via manifestos etc to start electing.

No

House  Representative

A bill must be added to make sure that the people are satisfied with their representative or PM. Monthly surveys of them will be taken. If the people are not satisfied, the PM or representative can be impeached and replaced with another one

I feel we should improve the justice system. We must have 3 courts. 1 national, 1 for each state, and Court of Appeals. Also, there will be a representative from the jury will be there to interpret the law and the constitution in the house of representatives.

I feel that my leadership skills and democracy know-how will come in handy. This is as democracy is meant for the people and we should respect them.

No

No, I feel that the House representative with the most votes should get it.

By appointing representatives for them and also attending press conferences, town hall meetings and also I can also view people's opinions via telegram, email or surveys.

I feel parties should increase in number because in a multi-part system the voices of multiple people must be heard.

8. The House of Representatives is the sole legal body with the ability to remove a Prime Minister from office with citizens vote after confirming it. Under what circumstances would you support the removal of one and what constitutes 'going too far? Cite specific legal passages if necessary and ensure that your answer is sufficiently detailed.

In the case that a Prime Minister has committed a crime, abused his power, not kept his promises or not accepted by the people, I would agree to the removal of a Prime Minister
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 09:36:12 pm by Chris_Sijo »

Offline Lashnakia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 03:38:28 am

First and foremost, I am the most experienced candidate for Prime Minister by far. I have served as a DPM and a Minister numerous times, Speaker twice, and previously held the position of Prime Minister.

I am incredibly effective at running and sustaining the ministries - something we need to really focus on right now, just simply building up ministries, recruiting and setting meetings. The boring work.

I am a cooperative person who is willing to listen to any ideas, interact with all minister and resolve any issues or problems they might have.

The current recruitment plan set out in the Internal Affairs Ministry will be maintained and refined. While there has been a great leap forward in manual recruitment, it has recently gone off the boil. More recruiters are needed, and possibly a simpler set-up to avoid apathy. Progress has been made on recruitment, and we will be building on that.

Battadia, Salibaic, Pikachurin and Sumeka will all be retained in their current capacities. All Directories will remain as they are, with the exception of the Director of Heritage, which will be scrapped, due to the obvious fact that Rene does that job perfectly well anyway, and not one person has shown an interest other than him in ever doing it.

West Kronisia will be nominated for Deputy Prime Minister, as his exceptional communication and administrative skills will come in handy throughout the administration.

The Ministry of Media is undecided as of yet - this could go up for application depending on Azerubia and my preferences. Tig intends to step down as Press Secretary and as of yet, I have not come up with a viable replacement.

I have absolutely no intention to abolish or merge any ministries. The creation of one however, is something which I won't rule out - such as a return of the defense ministry, for defender-usage. This is something I am considering doing as defense does spark activity, and managed right, could be a success, provided personnel such as Burgermond carry their interests forward.

I would like to see changes to the impeachment process - of a Prime Minister. I consider it to be far too difficult to actually impeach a Prime Minister as things are at the moment - the punishments and crimes are difficult to apply to a Prime Minister - I also think it should be a House-controlled matter, rather than a judicial one. This does risk politicisation, but I do not wish to see an unelected position push out an elected one. The formatting of the clauses in the constitution needs cleaning up, as the whole thing is at times comical to read with four or five numbers in the clauses.

The World Assembly has always been a complicated issue, we've always desperately wanted to expand on it - so here we go.
Most of the current plan is good, however there can be some changes.

- First off, a personnel change. I intend to push to replace New Legland as World Assembly Delegate. Much as I like the guy and he has done a significant amount of work for our region - we are creating an image problem for our own WA push by having the person who is the image of it having limited participation within the region - the WAD does not do a significant amount other than vote, but it would be of great help if it did.
- To increase interest in the World Assembly, I would like to fully implement a system that some other regions have - the citizens vote for the way the WAD votes. Every time there is a new proposal, a nationstates poll is put up - with a telegram to go with it, on each proposal currently at vote. By doing this, we not only multiply the voices of our own citizens by effectively having two votes, but also encourage participation onsite.
- BANG ON ABOUT IT MORE. Let's actually get our Ministers and Servants to engage in discussions about the proposals, invite people in, back up Odji when he's doing his posts, simple stuff!

Stop being idiots. Seriously. A lot of our screw-ups in recent times have been our own doing, no matter how unfairly people may believe other regions have been towards us.

How to improve the image? Work on getting some old relations back together, continue working on getting some new ones in. DO THE BASICS RIGHT. Be presentable, and respectful diplomatically. Do not fool around. It is that simple.

Possibly. It is highly dependant on the personnel we can acquire for it. If we can get people - then there will be basic defender drills tests, ranks to climb up the ladder with, and missions to do when we have to do them. I do not claim to be an NS defense expert, which is why need personnel who are - but the logistics of it are beneficial to the region.

More communication between the states/territories and High Commission in this instance is key. The High Commission is excellent at hearing minor and major problems, and providing they continue to consistently do it, meetings to understand and advise on all the events in the territories. Expanding and preserving this link  is absolutely necessary, and this is something which will be of significant focus.

The Union Roleplay, first off, suffers from a lack of people involved in the Ministry itself - a problem that will hopefully be addressed with the idea for each Ministry in the Civil Service that has been previously mentioned. I plan to encourage Sumeka to continue on with his major ideas - such as a United Nations system within the roleplay that will hopefully encourage activity. I would, overall, like the roleplay to be more union-centred - this is something I would like to review with each territory/state to get their thoughts on, beforehand. The stats program is not user-friendly either - I don't quite understand the mechanics of it, but I will put on the pressure and ensure that is resolved.

The recent passage of the term reform act should help things - more frequent elections keeps political interest alive. Basic political engagement with the capital and states should be maintained throughout the term, and encouragement to vote during elections should be paramount - put out daily reminders etc. Basic stuff. A combination of everything mentioned and ensuring it succeeds, is the best way to ensure growth and get people voting.

N/A

Offline Sidervida

• Advisor to the Prime Minister
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 08:40:10 am

As of right now, I do not have any bills in mind that I would like to pass and/or repeal.

As of right now I do not have a opinion for how the constitution should be amended. I believe discussion would have to occur with the rest of the House in order to decide.

I have served in the House multiple times now. I have experience as a House Representative.

No, I do not believe any changes should be made to House Procedures. Atleast not at this time.

No I do not plan on running for House Speaker. I believe I would have to view all House Representatives to decide who would be a better candidate.

Discussing House Bills thoroughly with everyone in the House, letting other opinions be heard.

Parties have a large role in the current system of electing House Representatives. I do have a positive view on Parties.

I support impeachment if a PM where to completely cause major issues within the Union.

Offline Empire of Elysium

• House Speaker
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 01:38:40 pm
Required: Questions for all Prime Minister Candidates

1. What makes you the best candidate for Prime Minister? What do you bring to the office which your opponent does not and why do you think you are better positioned to succeed in whatever you undertake? I am one of two former Prime Ministers running and unlike Lashnakia I currently hold an elected office.

2. How do you plan to address the current recruitment issues facing not just the capital but the Union as a whole, what steps will you take and how will this be brought about? Giving Salibaic complete control, i mean c'mon man Heart is just better imagine if we did that everywhere.

Preferably all Renegalle but if not that.
Prime Minister: Salibaic
Deputy PM: Elysium
Foreign Minister: Lashnakia
Media Minister: Azerubia
Culture Minister: Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm 1234567890-
Roleplay Minister: Sumeka
Press Secretary: Elysium

4. If elected, how do you plan (if at all) to change the structure of the existing Ministries? Would you consider abolishing, creating, or merging any of them? Why? Ministries are good as long as they remain active and keep their civil servants active.

5. What will be on your legislative agenda? What reforms would you like to make to existing laws and how will you lobby the House to pass these reforms? I would work on a pragmatic basis just proposing laws as I think of them.

Annoy new nations into joining the WA with RMB post, Telegrams, and Discord based harassment. Releasing announcements and reminders on how to vote in certain WA proposals to spark interest in the WA.

7. The Union in recent history has had an image problem when it comes to foreign affairs, how do you plan to address this? I will strength our relations with the Kaiserriech.

8. Do you plan on restoring the Union Armed Forces? If so, what do you plan for it? No we must use the Jeffersonian model and just let Heart have her own militia.

9. As Prime Minister of the Union, it is your job to ensure the voices of every state and territory is heard and not just the capital. What plans do you have to address the lack of inter-union participation? Get out the vote programs, DM semi-active people and active people who are not involved in politics to get involved so we can mold them to be cunts just like me one day.

10. The Union Roleplay has suffered from serious inactivity issues. What are your plans to address this? Advertise the union RP on discord and regional RMBs more

11. The Union has suffered from a lack of voter turnout in recent months. What are your plans to address this? Like i said i will mold the next generations of Elysium.

12. Any other comments you would like to add?  :-* :P :-X :( ::) :-X :-* :o

1. Which House Bills do you plan to pass and/or repeal? Why?  I would work on a pragmatic basis just proposing laws as I think of them.

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? Explain how the changes would improve the current system of governance. Ban judges from being in a party.

3. What qualifies you to serve in the House? What makes this qualifying? I am one of the longest serving house reps and a multi-term speaker, I do not think you can get more qualified to serve in the House than that.

4. Do you think any changes should be made to existing House Procedures? If so, what changes should be made and why? We must ban the immoral usage of memes, swears, and other BAD THINGS.

5. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate? Yes, because I already am. My Deputy will remain The Scottish Republic if he is re-elected.

6. How do you plan to ensure the voices of your constituents are heard while in office? By regularly speaking to and remaining active in Heart so i can directly hear the concerns of the planters.

7. How do you feel about the influence parties have on the House and electoral process, and should it be more or less? Explain your answer fully. I am fine with political parties but I believe the current Federalist and UPP ought to dissolve to make way for a new multi-party system.

8. The House of Representatives is the sole legal body with the ability to remove a Prime Minister from office with citizens vote after confirming it. Under what circumstances would you support the removal of one and what constitutes 'going too far'? Cite specific legal passages if necessary and ensure that your answer is sufficiently detailed. Should the Prime Minister be chronically inactive, guilty of breaking the law, guilty of conspiring against the Force Empire and the Emperor, or commit a severe act of corruption such as giving out ministries for political purposes and not for merit, or worst of all should the Empire of Elysium be PM I would support impeachment.

Offline Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 01:52:31 pm
On account of their inability to access the forums at the present time, below are responses to the required debate questions, submitted by Sir Sumeka:

None, as I have been out of the house for quite a while and instead want to focus on analyzing any newer Bills that are being passed.

The Constitution should be amended to allow more flexibility among the representatives. I think that provisions should also be made so the constitution can be easier to read and understand more so for those who are largely uninvolved in force's politics. This benefits the government by having a more informed voter base and also decreases political apathy.

I have served several terms as a House Representative, Minister of RP for a a collective time of almost a year, as well as First Minister of Heart, and finally, as a  Justice on the Court. I have a long history of serving force and have a good understanding of both the community and the government, and can apply it to my tenure as a house rep, if elected again.

House debates are often hostile with some members resorting to ad hominem. I would like to establish some sort of a mediator/moderator role for the house debates, to ensure debates are on topic, and do not devolve into personal attacks that are reductive and unnecessary.

No, but I have considered it in the past. I do not feel that I would serve well in such a capacity.

I intend to have an "open door" policy, and at any time my constituents may contact me via whatever means they have to question me and tell me what they need from me as their representative. I will take citizen's insights into out debates into serious consideration.

I believe parties play too large of a role inside of Force Politics. Eventually, I would like to have party less democracy, in which members are focused on solely representing their constituents as opposed to a party centric policy, or any kind of favoritism. Not to say that no collaboration could exist under such a system, but that parties in large are a big cause of friction inside of Force.

I would only consider removal if evidence of a serious crime, such as treason, were unmissable and undeniable to a reasonable person, and if in general the public supported such a removal. The Prime Minister has an example to set, and must follow laws much like everyone else however. I would impeach for a lesser offense were it part of a long string of other crimes.

Offline Jimbo

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 02:04:02 pm

At the moment, there are no specific bills. However, I will always vote for bills that increase activity and interest in our government and community, as activity and participation are the key pillars on which Force is built.

As in my previous statement, while I have no specific amendments currently, I will always vote in favour of amendments that serve to increase activity and interest.

As well as serving as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Internal Affairs in several Cabinets, I have also just recently finished my first term as Representative, wherein I consistently voted on amendments that serve to benefit our region.

While there are no changes I can think of specifically, whatever measures that encourage back-benchers and opposition members to make their voices heard will always be supported my myself. A strong government needs strong criticism and a wide array of input and ideas in order to serve its people.

I do not plan on running for speaker, and at the moment, I do not have a specific candidate in mind - the Right Honourable Elysium has done an admirable job, but I will reserve my judgement until after I have heard all candidates state their reasons.

My Telegrams and Direct Messages are always open to suggestion, and all Citizens should feel free to let me know of any serious inquiry or concern - I will most assuredly vote according to the opinions of my constituents.

While I do appreciate the Party system's clear designation of different political alignment in the house, and there have been numerous bipartisam bills passed,  there is still an issue of strict party voting - in my mind, as I am sure many of my fellow Honourable Members will agree, a Member should make decisions based on the opinions of their constituents, and guided by their Party - not the other way around. In other word, Parties are useful for general designation, and I am a proud Federalist, but in the end the voice of the people is paramount.

If an incumbent Prime Minister would seek to consolidate excessive power in the Executive, demonstrate apathy towards governance, infringe upon the rights of the House as the legislative body of the Union, infringe upon the freedoms granted to the People of the Union in our Constitution, or in any other way work to make the Union a more hostile environment, I would vote in favour of a motion of no confidence.
------------------------------------------
New Waltonburg
~𝔅𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒚 𝓢ℎ𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝓒𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒔 𝓐𝒍𝒍~

Offline Caduceo

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 03:07:34 pm
There are no Bills I currently plan to pass or repeal.

I do not currently have any concrete plans for amending the Constitution, but I am interested at looking into reforming the High Commission, which has, so far, been mostly useless.

I am an incumbent House Rep and have served as a House Rep a few times before, as well as having been MoIA, MoComm, and Prime Minister during my time in the Union. These statements makes me a qualified individual as I have the experience and know-how of serving my constituents and their interests.

While not exactly a change, I firmly believe House procedures (debates, conversations, etc.) should remain exclusively in-text to be as accessible as possible.

No I do not plan on running as Speaker, and I will not be endorsing a Speaker candidate yet.

CAD is a smaller tight-knit community compared to the other regions in the Union, and their concerns are certainly my concerns as well, since many of them aren't just my constituents but also my friends.

I think the influence of parties in the House and electoral processes needs to be greatly decreased. I was formerly very partisan of my own party and I have seen how toxic constant partisanship inflicts on the Union. I think we should vote for people, not parties - simple.

What constitutes "going too far"? Most things that would harm the Union's reputation and constituents. A Prime Minister should be removed not out of a display of partisan or political power, and should only be removed if, of course, they commit a crime, commit a deeply unpopular action, or harm the Union or its people.

Offline West-Kronisia

• House Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 03:56:39 pm

None at the moment, but I look forward to seeing those proposed by others.

Again, not at all at the moment.

Several previous terms, and that's qualifying for obvious reasons.

Nothing that I can think of currently.

Indeed I do, and I am a good candidate because I have done it before.

I will endeavour to encourage them to message me personally to get their opinions heard, as well as attempting to hold regular set Q&As with them.

I feel like the effect of parties will always be a factor in the House and electoral process, and that it's realistically pointless to attempt to change it from where it is - even abolishing parties would just mean there would be effectively un-official parties where people still worked together in the groups they were before.

Breaking any of our laws, whilst in office, should constitute at the very least a consideration of the removal of an individual from office. Of course, whether they end up removed would be very much dependent on a case-by-case basis, depending on the intent and severity of the crime, and to try to come up with a hypothetical situation is pointless, and as such, I won't waste anyone's time doing so. Also, if they conduct a deeply unpopular action with the people, that is also a fair reason to begin the process.