Force Regional Forum

Debate: Court Elections, June 2019

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
on: June 05, 2019, 06:53:28 PM
This is the official topic for the Court Elections Debate.

Anyone and everyone is free to ask the candidates questions. The first questions will be asked by the Founder.

Candidates must answer all questions asked of them by the Founder and it is recommended that they answer any questions besides those ones as well.

This debate will end on June 8, 2019 at 6:53 PM EST.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:02:30 PM by Renegalle »

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 07:00:39 PM
Questions for Prosecutor Candidates:

If elected, do you plan to be active enough to effectively respond to any requests for cases?
What would constitute a good reason to allow a court case to proceed?
How well do you know the Force Constitution? Do you understand it well enough to effectively answer any questions citizens have about it?
What exactly is the role of the Prosecutor?

Questions for Judge Candidates:

Is there any case under which you would deviate from legal procedures and give someone a punishment for a crime other than what is specified in Article J of the Constitution?
What would constitute a reason to overturn a Bill passed by the House?
What exactly is the role of the Judge?

Dino

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:29:01 PM
If elected, do you plan to be active enough to effectively respond to any requests for cases?
Yes. I will be active enough to respond to any requests. My Direct Messages are always open 24/7 so you could always contact me.
If it has good evidence and reasoning for it to proceed.
How well do you know the Force Constitution? Do you understand it well enough to effectively answer any questions citizens have about it?
I know it very well. I have read it a few times before. Yes, I do think I know it well enough to answer the citizens' questions.
The role of the Prosecutor is an irremovable Cabinet position. They hold the responsibility of deciding whether to bring a criminal court to the Court's attention and shall provide reasoning for such filing. They must provide the case to the Cabinet to see whether they wish to override the Prosecutor's decision.

The Chariot

• MoM Extraordinaire
  • Force Minister of Defense
  • Being a single MoM isn't easy
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:35:44 AM
Yes, I will be sufficiently active. I am normally extremely active on Discord, and at least will be available once a day.

A court case should proceed if it is backed with evidence and is significant enough to require a court case.

I am very familiar with the Force Constitution. I have read it many times and have a solid understanding of it. I will be able to answer any questions citizens have regarding the constitution.

The Prosecutor's role is a range of things. First, the Prosecutor receives court cases. Second, the Prosecutor decides if a court case has enough evidence and gravity to be reviewed by the court. Lastly, the Prosecutor must synthesize the evidence to provide a clear and unbiased profile of the facts to present to the Judge and the Jury.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:58:05 PM by The Chariot »
My planarian capabilities drastically eclipse your entire existence

Caduceo

• Definitely Gay
  • Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 05:03:20 AM
Is there any case under which you would deviate from legal procedures and give someone a punishment for a crime other than what is specified in Article J of the Constitution?

There is absolutely no case in which I should stray from what's already been outlined in the Constitution. It is the highest level of the law.

Several reasons to do such may include errors, unfairness, lack of depth, ignorance, unreasonable clauses, and most of all, if it is deemed unconstitutional by the Court, therefore nullifying the BIll.

The Judge is a vital role, and would be the one to receive the cases approved by the Prosecutor, would review the case and evidence, and would eventually release a verdict alongside an appropriate punishment - clearly and efficiently. Not only that, but the Judge must also assemble a Jury if necessary to the case(s) at hand.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:31:39 AM by Caduceo »

Zamperial

• Emperor of Voltarium
  • Citizens
  • Definitely Not A Spy
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 06:42:42 AM

No. The constitution is the law of Force and cannot be deviated from.

A few reasons:
Fails to define the point
Blatant grammatical errors
Bias within the House
Corrupt vote

To be fair and just, and have a natural sense of right and wrong.

Lashnakia

• Force Deputy Prime Minister
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 08:22:33 AM
Why do you think you are the best/ideal person to take the role in which you are running for?

Caduceo

• Definitely Gay
  • Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 08:40:31 AM
Why do you think you are the best/ideal person to take the role in which you are running for?
The reason I find myself suitable for this position includes the following reasons:
1) I am greatly capable of learning things quickly and efficiently, therefore making me suited for learning the Constitution and both new and old laws.
2) I can, in a general sense, formally speak and write for an audience
3) I have integrity and will pursue what is right and condemn what is wrong, and have an understanding of logic and reasoning
4) I'm generally familiar with the people of Force and wish for nothing but to protect them
5) I can understand and maintain balance, as proven by the detailed creation of Conquest and my legislative work in Nasunia
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:56:05 AM by Caduceo »