Force Regional Forum

Debate: Prime Minister & House Elections, July 2019

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
This is the official topic for the Force Prime Minister & House Elections Debate.

Anyone and everyone is free to ask the candidates questions. The first questions will be asked by the Founder.

Candidates must answer all questions asked of them by the Founder and it is recommended that they answer any questions besides those ones as well.

This debate will end on July 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM EST.

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 12:11:24 PM
Questions for Prime Minister Candidate:

How will you, to the best of your ability work to make Force the greatest region it can be? What specific policies will help lead to this?

Upon assuming office, who do you plan to appoint to your Cabinet?

Questions for House Representative Candidates:

What laws would you like to pass that you believe would be beneficial to the region? Be specific.

Do you think there are too little or too many restrictions on power? Why?

Do you plan to run for Speaker upon assuming office?

What qualifies you for this office?

Carropia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 02:01:08 PM
What laws would you like to pass that you believe would be beneficial to the region? Be specific.
I have been saying this in every single debate but I cannot emphasize it enough, citizen participation. Whether it be in CS (Civil Service) or Military, it is my #1 priority to pass and create bills that would attempt to increase participation in Force. Another bill that I would like to pursue is one that would be attempt to weed out inactive gov. members and replace them. I have seen these happen many times where a member of the cabinet or house does absolutely nothing throughout their term. I have also seen the PM and House Reps attempt to counteract this through direct action but my goal is to put it into concrete law. What I want the most is for YOU, yes YOU the citizens of Force to let me, or rather us (Reps.) what you want written or seen in the House! So make sure to message me if you have any ideas or concerns.

I believe it is relatively balanced as is.

I do not, but I am still thinking about it. I may in the end run but for now it is a no.

I have been a House Rep. for several terms, 3 now I believe. I have created and voted on various bills in my time in as a Rep. I have also held the position of Minister of Culture for a while. I also am pretty good a basketball and I also one a Jenga tournament against my family. I once saw Chris Rock on the street. I have played with Morgan Freemenís kids.

Carropia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 02:02:12 PM
That was badly formatted, my apologies.

Libertatis Regalis

• House Speaker
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 08:43:32 PM
How will you, to the best of your ability work to make Force the greatest region it can be? What specific policies will help lead to this? By funding telegram stamps to help increase population and assist in writing changes to the constitution.

Upon assuming office, who do you plan to appoint to your Cabinet? No changes for now. I will review everyone as time goes on.

Lashnakia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 01:22:30 PM
For House Candidates:

Carropia: You have the advantage of being in the house for three terms, how do you plan to use that to your advantage in the next House?

How do you plan to combat criticism of a rather underwhelming term as Minister of Culture, and can you give assurance you will be more active then previous posts?

Caduceo: You come into the House with the advantage of coming off the back of successful tenure as MoComm, but come into the House with a rather heavy workload at times, and have never served in the House. Can you also give assurances that you won't suddenly lose activity, in what is a rather small house? How do you plan to use the advantages, and combat the disadvantages?

Tigarslowducken and Elysium Forests: The two of you come in as rather unknowns, with Tigarslowducken serving a brief term as MOIA, and Elysium Forests seemingly very new? How do you plan to combat this apparent inexperience?

Caduceo

• Definitely Gay
  • Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 03:01:45 PM
Courtesy of Lashnakia, I'd like to lay down a consecutive term limit for Prime Ministers and constitutionally add the roles of the Deputy Prime Minister and the Policy Advisor/s. I'd also like to help connect the House more with the people with their plausible requests and, if possible, the Ministries, in adding a legal role to their individual policies. I'd also like to bring assistance in bringing Force to the world stage, whether it be with events, the military, foreign relations, etc.

I believe the current system of things is fine and balanced.

I don't plan to do so anytime soon

While a big reason why I'm here is to build qualifications, I've dipped my feet in this field a bit, with some of my NS experience being my ability to write clearly and creating a Constitution for the region of Nasunia. My RL experience branches off my participation in an interschool debate, in which I familiarized myself with an official draft Constitution that proposed my country's switch to Federalism and being titled the Best Debater of the competition afterwards. What I can truly bring to the table is my eagerness to learn and participate and my fair activeness.

Caduceo

• Definitely Gay
  • Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 03:13:04 PM
Caduceo: You come into the House with the advantage of coming off the back of successful tenure as MoComm, but come into the House with a rather heavy workload at times, and have never served in the House. Can you also give assurances that you won't suddenly lose activity, in what is a rather small house? How do you plan to use the advantages, and combat the disadvantages?
An excellent question, thank you.
My miraculous return to the Communications Department and my period of work there can be proved valuable with my experience in writing. Clarity and detail are two important things when it comes to legislation, I believe, and my experience contributes to those factors. While it comes to my workload and activity, I assure you and everyone, I try my absolute best to know when to stop. I clear things out of my schedule to maintain continuous activity within Force, and I'll let everyone know when I actually require a break or two. My dedication to serve is greater now that Force is my main region of participation. And as I said earlier, my lack of experience in the House, while it does pose a disadvantage, is also an opportunity for me to learn. Legislation has always been an interest to me, and my eagerness will pave the way towards knowledge.

Carropia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 10:59:26 AM
Carropia: You have the advantage of being in the house for three terms, how do you plan to use that to your advantage in the next House?
Well my problems with the House is that it is active only in the beginning and even that is a stretch. My goal is to provide guidance to the newer members of the house and help them have a good active term in the house.
How do you plan to combat criticism of a rather underwhelming term as Minister of Culture, and can you give assurance you will be more active then previous posts?
Well first of all to allllllll of the haters... i take responsibility for that, that was my bad. But at the time I was juggling many things, work, House, Ministry, and personal issues. I think that at that point I was stretched out, I was tired I slept little and I was just out of it, I would get back from work and immediately get on discord to check in on things work in stuff etc. I managed my time poorly and therefore I take responsibility for the lack of productivity coming from my ministry. But know is a DIFFERENT ERA MATESSSS. I feel pretty good and not tired and I feel like those TrYiNg times are behind me. I look forward to serving in a fourth term if you will have me. Thank you.