Force Regional Forum

Debate: Special House Elections, July 2019

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
on: July 23, 2019, 09:30:12 pm
This is the official topic for the Force Special House Elections Debate.

Anyone and everyone is free to ask the candidates questions. The first questions will be asked by the Founder.

Candidates must answer all questions asked of them by the Founder and it is recommended that they answer any questions besides those ones as well.

This debate will end on July 25, 2019 at 9:30 PM EST.

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:32:21 pm
What laws would you like to pass that you believe would be beneficial to the region? Be specific.

Do you think there are too little or too many restrictions on power? Why?

Do you have any qualms with the currently elected Speaker? If so, be specific and explain why.

What qualifies you for this office?

TrueParanormal

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:40:38 pm
What laws would you like to pass that you believe would be beneficial to the region? Be specific.

Do you have any qualms with the currently elected Speaker? If so, be specific and explain why.

I would try to amend our constitution to be more malleable and adaptable as our community and government grow. For example, try to establish a clear bill as to where the community itself can override the bills passed by the house using a community vote instead of just allowing those of us willing to run decide everything for the many, new and old, that reside in our region.

Too little. We as a government should answer to our people, not the other way around. The community of Force should have the final say on most matters. Other restrictions should include term limitations for PM and other high positions in the Force government.

I do have qualms with the currently elected Speaker, and it is due to inactivity, failure to do their clearly designated tasks as House Speaker, and unprofessionalism.

The qualifications I have for this office are Minister of Culture and simply being an active member of the Force Community who just wants to see activity rise and citizens of Force to be comfortable and happy with their government and what they do.

Lashnakia

• House Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 04:06:34 am
I would aim to pass a bill to set a consecutive term limit for the Office of Prime Minister, as well as constitionally define the role of DPM, and giving the Prime Minister authority to call a special election once a term. I would work with other house members to define the loopholes in the constitution, and find ways of fixing them.

I think the current system is balanced and fine as it as it is.

Yes, I admittedly think with all due respect to the current Speaker, they lack professionalism, they have been more active since taking the role, but not a huge lot, and failing to do their tasks. The first action iplan to take will be to call a vote to remove the incumbent speaker.
Being an active member of the community (even on holiday) having the ability to debate, compromise and have ideas, as well as a lother of experience in the cabinet and having been Prime Minister, as well as being abless to generate activity, which is something the current house at times lacks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:11:51 am by Lashnakia »

SwordBJ

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:18:04 pm
What laws would you like to pass that you believe would be beneficial to the region? Be specific

If elected, I will do everything in my power with fellow representatives in the House by passing laws defining the obligations of each of the representatives in the House as well as clarifying the status of being inactive and connecting it to attendance regarding  sessions.
Moreover, I aim to amend the constitution (especially the judicial section ) in a way to make it improved based on my personal experience .
Finally , I will do my best to make the House and the government work in a cooperative way and united manner to the benefit of Force and its citizens .

I do not think that there are many restrictions at the moment. Personally, I believe that every authority must be restricted to some extent under the rule of the law so that the power is not exploited or abused , but these restrictions should not prevent the person from carrying out their duties stated by the law.

Yes, with all due respect, I believe that he is not dealing with the tasks entrusted to him by law in a serious manner . We have seen how how he addressed all citizens in a disrespectful way without any regard for his official position.

I can say that I have a lot of experience regarding how government work and  consequently  I can see the legal flaws and work to rectify them.
I worked as RP minister and spent a lot as RP committee member , worked as FA minister and been awarded dot citizenship and the title of Sir , worked as prosecutor ,worked as policy advisor for a long time , and recently worked as DPM.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:09:23 pm by SwordBJ »

☕️ 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓢

• Citizens
  • 〘 𝓐𝓭 𝓐𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪 𝓟𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪 〙
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 11:17:42 pm
1.) What makes you interested in a legislative government seat?

2.) What makes you better than the other candidates/Why should I vote for you over the other candidates?

3.) What are you planning to do with the House seat?
✎𝕹𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓢

TrueParanormal

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 11:43:34 pm

2.) What makes you better than the other candidates/Why should I vote for you over the other candidates?

1) I am interested in the legislative seat because I feel like the current house is mostly inactive and needs people who are willing to be there at most times and actually write, pass, and readdress bills. As long as communicate with the community itself and increase activity.

2) I think you should vote for me because I am consistently active and would cooperate with both other House members and the community itself. As well as the fact that if I am given a job, I never disappoint.

3) I am planning on creating policies to amend our current constitution, give at least the PM a term limit, and increase activity within Force. I also plan to create an inactivity bill to easily push other inactive members out of House if it is ever an issue once more. On top of that, I also want to create a bill that can allow the House to impeach the speaker if they are not performing their duties in a professional and civil manner.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:45:37 pm by TrueParanormal »

Lashnakia

• House Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:46:23 am

It's not something I've done before, I feel i can do well debating, writing and passing bills. The current house has a problem with activity, and experienceven,  and needs people who can supply both of those.

I know Force. I have a huge amount of experience, along with prestigious job of Prime Minister previously. I have ideas and am willing to work with other house members to compromise and write bills, as well as being extremely active.

I have already displayed some of the policies I want above, buthe my main priority will be working with the rest of the house to find and fix the loopholes in the constitution.

Sir Salibaic

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Hoot
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 04:26:44 pm
TrueParanormal you said about PM term limit. What would those be?

TrueParanormal

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 06:13:23 pm
TrueParanormal you said about PM term limit. What would those be?

It would be more about consecutive term limits. For example, if someone was PM for two terms in a row, they wouldn't be able to run for a 3rd consecutive term. However, after another PM takes office they may run again for 2 more consecutive terms.

The Chariot

• Being a single MoM isn't easy
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 06:15:06 pm
My priority would be to pass amendments fixing the currently broken Judicial system. It can be influenced in far too many ways by outside forces and is constitutionally dysfunctional. In addition, passing bills to set code of conduct in official settings is a priority.

I believe that the current system is fine.

I do. The current speaker has shown not only unprofessionality, but also has failed to do his job without constant reminder from our previous Speaker. Tigslarlowducken has stated that he has read neither the constitution nor the past bills that he was not directed to read, showing lack of initiative. While the Speaker's activity has not been low, the bills he has passed have been riddled with errors and he has failed to correct them, even after constant reminder.

My experience, my initiative, and my activity qualify me for office. I have held the seat of House Representative in the past, in one of the most successful Houses in Force's history, largely due to Libertatis and I. I am serving as Minister of Defense, and have been since my appointment. I have an exceptional understanding of the Constitution, as I have served as both Judge and Prosecutor.

What makes you interested in a legislative government seat?
I am interested in a position in the House because it allows one to accomplish things outside a specified jurisdiction: amendments, regulations on power, and the infinite possibilities encompassed by the word law. It is a powerful position that must be treated with care.

What makes you better than the other candidates/Why should I vote for you over the other candidates?
I believe you should vote for me because I have the most experience in the House and have specific visions, with bills already in progress from the last House.

What are you planning to do with the House seat?
Read above.
My planarian capabilities drastically eclipse your entire existence

The Chariot

• Being a single MoM isn't easy
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 06:16:18 pm
Are you planning on running for Speaker of the House? I will not, but I'm curious as to others.
My planarian capabilities drastically eclipse your entire existence

TrueParanormal

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 08:43:40 pm
Are you planning on running for Speaker of the House? I will not, but I'm curious as to others.

I am not striving for it, no.

New Legland

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:30:39 pm

Once I work out the kinks and flesh out my WA program in the works, I'll write a bill to make it official and bring more activity to WA affairs in Force, as well as define the Emperor's and judicial system's powers more concretely.

I see little to no issue with limitations on power at the moment.

The current Speaker has been inept and unprofessional, to say the least. From their conduct to their disregard for proper procedure, their time in the seat has not been a good one and it's due time someone with more expertise takes charge.

My several months in the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs qualifies me for this position.

The current disrepair of the House is the main cause for my interest in the seat, but the truth is that I have wanted to participate in the legislature for some time to better positively change the region and clean up some legal grey areas.

I wouldn't say I'm the best candidate; I'm mainly here to fill a seat that is among many empty ones. I definitely have the governmental experience to do my job well, just like my fellow candidates.