Debate: General Elections, July 2020

Empire of Elysium

• Union House Speaker
    • View Profile
on: July 04, 2020, 02:15:29 pm
Debate: General Elections, July 2020

Debates close on July 7 at 2:15 PM EDT.

Brief Overview

The Debate period is intended to be a time in which citizens can assess the competence of candidates running for office and make an informed decision in the voting period that follows. All citizens may ask questions to the candidates and while the candidates are not legally bound to answering these questions, it is highly encouraged. Candidates are however legally bound to answer all questions asked of them by the Founder.

Candidates for Prime Minister
Bennisia (F)
Caduceo (F)
New Legland (F)
United Soviet States of Russian Imperial (F)

Candidates for House of Representatives
Empire of Elysium (H)
The Scottish Republic (H)
Suter (RGBN)
Alludo (RGBN)

Relevant Law

1. As a candidate, you are required to answer all questions asked to you by the Founder (Renegalle) and the Speaker of the House (Elysium) during this Debate or you will be automatically disqualified (ßB.4.1).

Required: Questions for All Prime Ministerial Candidates

1. What makes you the best candidate for Prime Minister? What do you bring to the office which your opponent does not and why do you think you are better positioned to succeed in whatever you undertake?

2. How do you plan to address growth, specifically the lack there of? Please provide a specific plan that addresses every aspect of government and community.

3. Who would you appoint to your ideal Cabinet (ex-members, people who would be ineligible, and people not necessarily willing to serve can be included)? Why would you choose these people and what specific things would they bring to each office that you consider to be most important?

4. If elected, how do you plan (if at all) to change the structure of the existing Ministries? Would you consider abolishing, creating, or merging any of them? Why?

5. None of you are incumbents or have perviously served as PM of Force, what makes you think you have the experience to be PM?

6. None of you have any experience in the Roleplay, as such what would your policies to help grow and improve RP be?
Required: Questions for All House of Representatives Candidates

Required: Questions for All House of Representatives Candidates
1. Which House Bills do you plan to pass and/or repeal? Why?

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? Explain how the changes would improve the current system of governance.

3. What qualifies you to serve in the House? What makes this qualifying?

4. Do you think any changes should be made to existing House Procedures? If so, what changes should be made and why?

5. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?

6. Do you think the way in which impeachment works should change? Should the power to impeach rest with the House or should it perhaps be given directly to the citizens?

7. How do you plan to facilitate a better working relationship between the House and Cabinet? Why do you think this is the best approach?

Unrequired: Questions for Suter and Alludo
1. Neither of you have you primary region being the RGBN, why should RGBN voters trust you to represent them over the Force?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 12:26:45 pm by Empire of Elysium »
I wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten.

New Legland

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 02:22:12 pm
1. What makes you the best candidate for Prime Minister? What do you bring to the office which your opponent does not and why do you think you are better positioned to succeed in whatever you undertake?

I'm not

2. How do you plan to address growth, specifically the lack thereof? Please provide a specific plan that addresses every aspect of government and community.

I don't

3. Who would you appoint to your ideal Cabinet (ex-members, people who would be ineligible, and people not necessarily willing to serve can be included)? Why would you choose these people and what specific things would they bring to each office that you consider to be most important?

DPM: Me; they're me
MoFA: Me; they're me
MoIA: Me; they're me
MoComm: Me; they're me
MoC: Me; they're me
CRO: Me; they're me

4. If elected, how do you plan (if at all) to change the structure of the existing Ministries? Would you consider abolishing, creating, or merging any of them? Why?

I will re-establish the Ministry of Defense and then appoint myself as Minister of Defense

5. None of you are incumbents or have previously served as PM of Force, what makes you think you have the experience to be PM?

Nothing

6. None of you have any experience in the Roleplay, as such what would your policies to help grow and improve RP be?

They wouldn't

Bennisia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 06:41:49 pm

I think that I am the best candidate for this office because I appear to be the only candidate with a serious programme for Government. I am wholly and completely committed to Force and the Union and it's success will be my number one priority. What I can bring to the role is real political experience, grit, determination, and the ability to successfully manage a Cabinet-style Government. I will give 100% to this role and this Union. I'm a communicative, pragmatic politician with drive and determination to see this Union achieve the success it deserves.

2. How do you plan to address growth, specifically the lack there of? Please provide a specific plan that addresses every aspect of government and community.

As Prime Minister, I would pursue ambitions mergers with smaller regions that are also struggling with size. A medium sized Union like ourselves can become a huge one, and a key player on the world stage if we bring more nations to join us. I would do this by personally negotiating with smaller regions to move to us. This is the fastest and most effective way of growth; Recruitment telegrams are often ignored and it's time we made serious endeavours to expand. I would ensure that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is vigilant in ensuring that nations within the Union stay active and engaged, to prevent them from CTE'ing.

I want a Cabinet that isn't dominated by one party (unlike some of my opponents) and that reflects all aspects of our great Union. I think that both Caduceo and Azerubia have done great jobs as Internal Affairs Minister and Communications Minister respectively, and would be delighted to keep them on if they are willing to serve. I would be keen to see Mooxien return to the Cabinet, possibly as Foreign Affairs Minister, as he has great experience as a former WA Delegate for the region. As a former Foreign Affairs Minister myself, I know how important maintaining good relations with other regions is. I would keep on Heonix as Culture Minister if he is willing to serve, and would be interested in possibly allowing those active in RP to elect their own Roleplay Minister. I would create two new Ministries; The Ministry of Defence & Intelligence, to defend the Union, and the Ministry of Justice, to oversee the Court system. My top pick for the former would be Texas, due to his staunch values and principles when it comes to matters of state, and for the latter my choice would be Salibaic, who has been a fantastic Prime Minister and has a lot to give the region yet. I would also like to keep New Legland in the Cabinet as he is WA Delegate. I also note that I am the only candidate currently offering Cabinet roles to all of my opponents - that's how you unify, not by leaving out those who are deemed 'unpopular' by the Union establishment.

I would create the Ministry of Defence & Intelligence (rather, re-establish it) to ensure that we are protected and vigilant when it comes to possible raids from other regions. I would also create a Justice Ministry, to act as Court clerks and to keep an eye on the decision makers. Whilst I would retain separate Ministers for Culture and for Roleplay, I would incorporate them both into the Culture & RP Ministry, to ensure maximum co-operation between the two.

5. None of you are incumbents or have previously served as PM of Force, what makes you think you have the experience to be PM?

I have previously served twice as Force's Minister of Foreign Affairs, and also served as the first ever Prime Minister of Heart, where I laid the foundations for the system in place today. Outside of the Union, I served 2 terms as a Senator at NWA (now NWE), one of our closest allies, where I was initially an Activist backbencher but later Leader of the Social Bloc Party in the Senate. I was also a Deputy Minister of Culture at Force, and assisted other Ministries. I currently serve as Leader of the DPP and Minister of Immigration for Heart. I have been an active NationStates player for 2 years and am an active member of the World Assembly.

From my understanding, things in the RP have been going pretty turbulently recently. I think a democratically elected Head of RP/RP Minister would put some of these problems to rest, along with the committee holding meetings regularly and ensuring that all RP'ers are happy - it is supposed to be for leisure, and to see some very active RP'ers complaining and leaving recently has been quite upsetting. I support the use of RMB roleplay to help connect with people onsite and allow them to get involved - many of us neglect the fact that we are, at our heart, a NationStates region and Union. Whilst we are active on Discord and on the forums, the only real effort on NationStates comes from Comms and MoIA. I'd like to see some effort when it comes to RP.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:56:39 am by Bennisia »
The Democratic Republic of Bennisia, Leader of the Democratic People's Party
Bennisia II - Heart Immigration Minister

Alludo

• Citizens
  • yeeet
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 07:39:42 pm

I plan to pass a bill to ensure that the federal government has the ability to create territories, so the Union can spread far and wide.

2. In what ways should the Constitution be amended, if at all? Explain how the changes would improve the current system of governance.

It would improve the Union by expanding it; currently there are only a handful or territories. I remember when there were upwards of eight. Through the territorial expansion, we'd be able to create new communities  and expand our influence.

I have been Minister of Defence, Deputy Prime Minister, and Interim Prime Minister. I've also had many other different positions across the wider NS community.

4. Do you think any changes should be made to existing House Procedures? If so, what changes should be made and why?

Not really; it works how it should.

5. If elected, do you plan on running for Speaker? If so, what makes you a good candidate for this position and if not, who do you think would be a better candidate?

Nope

6. Do you think the way in which impeachment works should change? Should the power to impeach rest with the House or should it perhaps be given directly to the citizens?

Impeachment should require a sort of referendum.

7. How do you plan to facilitate a better working relationship between the House and Cabinet? Why do you think this is the best approach?

A weekly House briefing from the Cabinet would be a good start.

1. Neither of you have your primary region as the RGBN. Why should RGBN voters trust you to represent them over Force?

Currently, I'm banned from the capital of Force. I seek to merely use the skills I have at hand to better any region I'm in.

Vote Alludo for RGBN House Rep!

Texas

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 11:13:31 pm

First off, unlike what my colleague thinks I am one of the few people who have a plan on what to do and a plan which is designed to represent a week-by-week accomplishment list for the region. I am also one of the people known as a King of Activity. It just comes naturally to me with the Citizen List idea, Open Government Initiative, getting the Ministries in order, and so on. I also have a policy that if I run for anything I always look at who the candidates are and think exactly what they can do in what that region needs. Is there someone running that knows Leadership? Is there someone with the right experience to know the problems of the community both present and future? Is there someone running who can put their foot down in the proper situations? As of now, I don't believe that anyone has the proper leadership skills, has had to face the same problems I have had to do with inter-regionalism and community growth, and especially anyone who knows when to put their foot down and say that this is way we are going and when to have an open conversation. That's why I am running, not for some policy reason, not for my party (Because I have none), but because I want to bring myself as an asset to Force as I have to many other regions before.

First off the Internal Affairs Ministry needs to recognize that the current system is not working in terms of Recruitment. I also have a 4 step Theory of Activity. First is obviously Roleplay. I started my NS career as a Roleplay Director and it is something I have always held my best interests in which is why I value Roleplay as a fantastic way to bring people into a region, sometimes to hold onto them in the RP, but they will usually advance on to the second step which is an optional Military. Military is really good because it can bring in a sense of value to new players while also combining them with the old and experienced, giving them a feel for the community. 3rd is Politics which is where Force is lacking a lot. I want to help educate the parties on how to operate, recruit (Much like I did for Salibaic when he was running the DPP and now hopefully he is using the same statics for the Federalists), and build a community. Parties bring people together and give them something to talk about most of the time and can be a great place for individuals to find a community that they prefer in the broad community of Force. 4th is Government for reasons that I hope I don't need to explain. In terms of governance, I wish to provide each Ministry with a minimum amount of staff and a maximum, for the most part minimum will be 4 people. This will be possible due to the Citizen List which is also called the Civil List in the New Western Empire which brought the total government employees from around 5% of the region to 25%+ of the region's entire population, making sure everything can operate at maximum efficiency (Unfortunately this can be too effective sometimes, so I'll have to scale back the success of this to make sure we don't run out of things to do). Outside of that any suggestions my DPM Sumeka and Roleplay Ministry has will be taken in to expand the RP.

DPM is Sumeka because I like the way he thinks, Cadecuo as IA because I think he can be good if given the proper training and leadership (although it will be a lot of work), Lashnakia as FA because me and him think alike with FA but he likes it and I don't. Azerubia for Communications because he is fine currently and I think he'll adapt well to the new style I got in mind. Culture is currently being decided. Loomburg for RP because Sumeka chose him.

This

Because I have been this: WA Delegate, Roleplay Director, Senator twice, PM twice, Minister of Defense, Minister of Communications, Deputy Prime Minister, Chancellor, President, Premier, Chairman, Founder, Minister of Foriegn Affairs (Hated it, but I did it for 6 months), Ambassador 10 times over, and finally as a coder for a small little news organizations Android App.

1. Talk to Roleplayers
2. I have experience running an RP, I'll use that to help wherever possible
3. ADVERTISE IS MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DONE BECAUSE ROLEPLAY DESERVE MORE ATTENTION THAN MOST OF THE CURRENT PARTIES
Any questions? No? Now leave me alone I got a Debate to organize with Azerubia

Caduceo

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 01:19:05 am
  • First off, unlike my opponent said, he's not the only person with a "serious" plan for this Union - I've outlined my plans and priorities not only through my party's manifesto, but also through my personal campaign. But what exactly do I bring to the table? Simple - relevance, determination, and open-mindedness. Relevance; Besides New Legland, I've been the most active in the political scheme of the Union in the recent months, and have seen firsthand the issues gripping onto our Union, ranging from our lack of retention efforts to our neglect of the RMB. Determination; if you have been keeping up, you'll know that I make plans and those plans get done, no matter how slow or difficult. I've been not only leading but cooperating with the Union in developing our Union's infrastructure (dispatches, RMB development, welcoming, etc.) and pushing for progress. Open-mindedness; I've been with this community for quite a while and not only do I absolutely enjoy and cherish this community, but as a true leader I will hear you out, I will help you out, I will open both my mind and my arms to you, your ideas, and your opinions. Our community comes first, and I will make it our number one priority to push forward together, not only as a Government and its Constituents, but as a people - the people of this Union. I have the experience, I have the plans, I have the iron will - as Prime Minister I will put our Union first.

Our Recruitment efforts are being maximized in many ways, and while we will still aim to improve recruitment efforts by raising awareness on Stamp Donations through the USF, using manual recruitment to target specific demographics, and assisting our Territories in their recruitment via the two methods above - the biggest threat to our declining numbers is our lack of retention. By interacting with the community, especially on the RMB, Making them aware of how to get involved through dispatches, telegrams, etc., creating fun and long-lasting community events, and improving the quality of life and simplicity for things like applying for Civil Service or signing up for Roleplay - we will have also maximized retention efforts. And hopefully with all those combined we'll break beyond our numbers like we've done so many times before.

I'll enumerate them, their positions, and why they're the ideal picks below;
    • For Foreign Affairs, I believe Sir Lashnakia would serve us best, not only because he's had massive experience inside the Ministry beforehand, but also because he is a people-person and is always in pursuit of the best thing for us and our Union.
    • For Culture, our incumbent Heonix has shown that he can do it, and I hope he'll do it again. Heonix has shown that just because he's relatively new, he can't have the creativity and flexibility to serve. He's done such a wonderful job and working with him has been amazing, so I hope to work with him more.
    • For Communications, if he'd accept, Azerubia is the very obvious pick. He's published some of the most content-packed, diverse, and detailed Force Flyers in our history. Not only can he lead his Ministry but he can also spearhead the efforts himself. His dedication and skill deserves him a spot in Cabinet.
    • For Internal Affairs, United Nations of Colombia is my pick. Not only has he written the pivotal piece of welcoming and retention that is the Newcomer's Manual, but he's very willing to get involved and get active. Together, I hope UNC can serve in our Cabinet and bring his fullest.
    • The Ministry of Roleplay has been headed effectively by Sumeka, who's shown his dedication in the RP Community and his ability to lead alongside his colleagues. These are all important values for a leader and I hope he continues leading this Ministry proudly and passionately.
    • For my trusty Deputy Prime Minister, I've personally nominated Loomburg for this position. I've been working with Loomburg many times before and I can assure you that he has the personality, creativity, and leadership abilities to lead this Cabinet alongside me.

The five currently-existing Ministries, I believe, are in no need of any major changes. There are, however, two Government branches, while not explicitly Ministries, are in need of some change. First, our very own World Assembly Delegate New Legland has been casually drifting around his responsibilities, or lack thereof. He's been doing polls on-site that while a good initiative, that's really it. So I plan to help establish a foundation for the Delegate, in terms of developing our WA Program, making Dispatches to help endotarting (as he's recommended in the past), and give an actual legal structure to his position. Secondly, the Union Research Institute. After talking with its head, Great Allegheny (or Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia), we've determined that we should dissolve this branch, or at the very least, reintegrate its purpose into the WA Program, (polling and surveying). The two major reasons for that is that first, there are for effective, efficient, and simpler ways to get in touch with the needs and wants of this Union; And secondly, the Institution just hasn't been operating to its fullest potential.

5. None of you are incumbents or have perviously served as PM of Force, what makes you think you have the experience to be PM?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have the experience and relevant knowledge;
    • Former and first Minister of Communications (two terms, not consecutive)
    • Former Judge of the Court (incomplete term)
    • Former Lieutenant of the Army
    • Former House Representative (one term)
    • Minister of Internal Affairs (4 terms by now)
    • Formatted the Newcomer's Manual (not created)
    • Created the Union Stamp Fund
    • Created the original formatting for the following dispatches, which were copied into their official versions under the Union Dispatch Office;
    • Media Policy Dispatch
    • Directory Dispatch
    • Political Parties Dispatch
    • Created all the Banners of the Government Dispatches in the Union Dispatch Office
    • Created all the official banners for Government Officials and Offices
    • Formatted and is managing the Gameplay Forum Thread
    • Made both the 2019 and 2020 Pride Flag Variants of the Force Flag
    • Started the formatting of dispatches, the founding of the Academia de Nocturna, and the creation of its logo and variants
    • Deputy Chairperson and Party Leader of the Force Unity Party and the creator of its logo

I even have some small experience in Power;
• Former Minister of Domestic Affairs
• Former First Minister
• Created Conquest
• Was a Manual Recruiter

And that's not even counting my experience outside the Union

That's actually a very good question, thank you for that. Since, as you said, I don't have the experience nor the knowledge on our Union's roleplay, I'll keep the internal workings to the Roleplay management and their community; I can, however, suggest ideas to help bring in more people into the Roleplay. Since my field of expertise is more in formatting and interacting with the community, I'll potentially utilise that and work with the RP Community to great a detailed and welcoming guide into the Roleplay, not only to get current and potential Citizens interested in joining it, but also giving people like me the confidence and/or knowledge to participate ourselves. The RP Community has been incredibly self-sufficient and active and I hope more people find that aspect of our Union as welcoming as the rest.
[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:51:20 am by Caduceo »

Sir Salibaic

• Union Prime Minister
  • Epic Hoot
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 10:02:47 am

When elected to office, I intend to pass anti-corruption legislation banning acts such as cronyism, bribery, and nepotism. I will also work towards formalising the rules campaigning as well as drafting a new political party act that will fairly regulate parties. A principal part of my policy is to create a Federal Anti-Corruption and Activity Commission (FACAC) to review the federal government in its activities to make sure there is no abuse of powers as well as record activity levels of government officials and publish those results to the public. I will also propose a bill establishing a Freedom of Information Act (FIA) to ensure governmental transparency from not just the capital government but all territorial governments. I will be amending the bill layout so that it puts authors and sponsors on a bill as well who seconded a bill. Another idea of mine is to introduce ministerial questions. Like PMQs, it will be question ministers to provide transparency.  Lastly, I will update the judicial fairness act to make legal under the current constitution and I will also update house procedures to label out when Speaker is elected more clearly.

I would amend the constitution to make the definitions of voter fraud more clear and apply to all elections, not just federal ones to ensure a secure and dependable democracy all can put their trust in.

I am two-term Prime Minister of the Union as well I am former House Representative from Heart serving in the first-ever House. I have also served as First Minister of Heart as well Minister of Internal Affairs of the Union.

I think the current system needs improvement. First off we need to introduce compulsory debates on all bills to make sure each law is reviewed properly and fairly. This will also boost House activity as well. I will also look into the possibility of creating committees to review ministerial actions as well as following on from the idea of my ministerial questions to provide something for the house to do when there is no bill to propose.

I may decide to run for Speaker if I feel I can. I think if I was to stand as speaker is so I could draft reform and ensure house activity alongside keeping the federal government in check without bloating house power.

6. Do you think how impeachment works should change? Should the power to impeach rest with the House or should it perhaps be given directly to the citizens?

I think the current system of it passing through the judiciary is the fairest.

We should hold Union governmental meetings between the House, Court, Territoires, as well as the cabinet and chair by the Founder.  I will also aim to work with any future Prime Minister or territorial leader to pass laws to benefit the Union.

Sumeka

• Union Deputy Prime Minister
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 10:33:17 pm

From my understanding, things in the RP have been going pretty turbulently recently. I think a democratically elected Head of RP/RP Minister would put some of these problems to rest, along with the committee holding meetings regularly and ensuring that all RP'ers are happy - it is supposed to be for leisure, and to see some very active RP'ers complaining and leaving recently has been quite upsetting. I support the use of RMB roleplay to help connect with people onsite and allow them to get involved - many of us neglect the fact that we are, at our heart, a NationStates region and Union. Whilst we are active on Discord and on the forums, the only real effort on NationStates comes from Comms and MoIA. I'd like to see some effort when it comes to RP.

How will you make RMB roleplay as engaging and fun as discord RP?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:45:13 pm by Sumeka »

Sumeka

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 10:35:18 pm

1. Talk to Roleplayers
3. ADVERTISE IS MORE THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DONE BECAUSE ROLEPLAY DESERVE MORE ATTENTION THAN MOST OF THE CURRENT PARTIES

I would ask that you be a bit more specific as far as your plans for roleplay.

Sumeka

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 10:36:32 pm

That's actually a very good question, thank you for that. Since, as you said, I don't have the experience nor the knowledge on our Union's roleplay, I'll keep the internal workings to the Roleplay management and their community; I can, however, suggest ideas to help bring in more people into the Roleplay. Since my field of expertise is more in formatting and interacting with the community, I'll potentially utilise that and work with the RP Community to great a detailed and welcoming guide into the Roleplay, not only to get current and potential Citizens interested in joining it, but also giving people like me the confidence and/or knowledge to participate ourselves. The RP Community has been incredibly self-sufficient and active and I hope more people find that aspect of our Union as welcoming as the rest.
    [/list][/list]

How would you help maintain roleplay's self-sufficiency if you are elected?

Caduceo

• Citizens
      • View Profile
    Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 12:51:57 am

[/list][/list]

How would you help maintain roleplay's self-sufficiency if you are elected?
      Wonderful question! Well, of course I shouldn't make any major changes or plans without experiencing Roleplay firsthand, so whether or not I become your Prime Minister, I might be inclined to try my hand at roleplay just to see where we're at and what the norm is, so for the actual roleplay's self-sufficiency, I'd read more and learn more into how it is managed by the Committee, ask for the occasional progress reports and updates, and get involved with that community and talk with everyone in it! Basically - get a general idea, give my occasional input, and let the Ministry of Roleplay do its magic!

Bennisia

• Citizens
        • View Profile
      Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 06:52:07 am

How will you make RMB roleplay as engaging and fun as discord RP?

Plenty of regions manage it; I'd ensure that the Head of RP/Roleplay Minister was active on NS as much as they were on Discord, and if that isn't feasible, I would explore the possibility of finding a keen RP'er who doesn't use Discord and rather uses only the RMB and NS website. That way there could be a separate RP, or there could be updates to let the two know what's going on.
      The Democratic Republic of Bennisia, Leader of the Democratic People's Party
      Bennisia II - Heart Immigration Minister

Texas

• Citizens
        • View Profile
      Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 01:51:53 pm

1. Talk to Roleplayers

I would ask that you be a bit more specific as far as your plans for roleplay.

Sure! So Roleplay has been a big thing for me since the beginning. The first region I joined was a fully RP based region, the second region I joined I was put as RP Minister and had to build an RP from the ground up. So some of the first things I would do is get to learn the Community. I am not going to be here and state that I know how the RP functions and what it likes and dislikes, but the most constant thing I wish to give the RP is a voice. In the Week-by-Week plan I have currently 3 weeks with some change dedicated to talking with Roleplayers, the Staff, and people of the region about exactly what makes the Force Roleplay special and draws them to it. Sometimes the Executive can make decisions that really change the RP for the better (For example, in the Hootship Treaty I made it so that both the Force and NWE Roleplays can advertise and draw people from either region in hopes of increasing the size of the community. The more people you have in a Roleplay, the more different styles you get and the more ideas you can have being passed around. More ideas usually equal better refinement into the final product) or for the worst. As Prime Minister my main objective with Roleplay would be to learn exactly what the Roleplay is in terms of community, work to improve it by providing my own opinion on the workings of the Roleplay (Theme, economics, Military organization, etc) from the multiple regions I have helped out, and finally work to increase the Roleplays numbers. Taking a step back a bit and going to my own opinions, I am not there to push onto the RP what I think would be great. I hate having that happen where someone who hasn't worked a day in their life in the field suddenly becomes powerful and thinks they know exactly what needs to happen in that field. I would try and present to the Roleplay Staff what I have learned over the years working in roleplay and then let them run with it. The more ideas thrown into the pot generally works out to better solutions and better products which help every citizen in the end. Finally increasing Roleplayer numbers is a huge policy for me. In many of the Roleplays I have seen, it has always been the most important part of any community. I mean this entire game is a political roleplay. But the largest problem here is that the Roleplay isn't really advertised anywhere. Getting new faces involved in the RP welcomes them to the community and allows for them to get a greater understanding of the region overall. Roleplay deserves to be put out on display wherever possible (Maybe even have some advertisements in this forum to join the RP?).  If there is any other questions on my policies here from anyone please do not be afraid to contact me.

Suter

• Global Moderator
        • View Profile
      Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:38 pm

The main bill that I would like to pass is one that would change the way the House is elected. Currently, the system we have allows a Tyranny by Majority and I can prove it to you with an example. Imagine there are 100 people in Force and they all vote. 51 of these people are from Faction A and all think the same while all the other 49 persons are from Faction B and all share another opinion. Then imagine there are 10 seats available in the House and each faction puts 10 candidates for it. Then, if Faction A tells all of its members to vote for its candidates while voting against all of Faction Bís members and Faction B does the same, all of the Faction A candidates will get elected due to them having 51 votes for and 49 votes against while all Faction B candidates will have the opposite. That makes it so that 100% of the House will be made of Faction A members even though they only represent 51% of the total population. I think that a ranking system like what we have for the Prime Ministerial is the voting system we should adopt for the House elections cause it allows for the minority to elect people representing them. I also would like to make a new political party bill that changes the way they function and give them less influence and power. Since we adopted this bill, it brought nothing but toxicity and divided our region into groups and I would like to try and fix that. I also support Salibaicís anti-corruption bill and the creation of the Federal Anti-Corruption and Activity Commission that will review the Cabinet and the House to see their activity and if they are not abusing their powers. I would also like to pass a bill that would rearrange our army to try and revive it and to make it a defender army since I would like Force to shift into a pro-defender region instead of just staying neutral.

I think we should introduce an amendment that creates a new moderation team appointed by the Founder because that was one of the biggest critics from other big regions we had after the whole Libertatis Regalis incident. I can promise you that I will try to make this amendment pass and be added to the Constitution during my first term. I also would like to amend the Constitution to make the definition of voter fraud more clear since currently it is pretty vague and could let some people get away with it. Finally, I think we should update the Constitution so that amendments only need a simple majority from the citizens to approve it since if the House only needs a simple majority then why do the citizens need a 2/3rd majority. With that, it will make the process more democratic and if for whatever reason the citizens vote for something unconstitutional, the Founder can still veto it.

I have been Minister of Communications for more than half a year straight I've only spent 2 days as a non-government official which means that I basically very know how government works and I'm experienced in this. I also am the Deputy Minister of Roleplay and have been Deputy Chairperson of the Democratic People's Party and am now the Co-Leader of the Federalist Party. These are all big roles where I had to put a lot of dedication in, and thatís why I think I am qualified to be in the House.

No, I think itís currently fine and that we canít really do anything to improve it. One thing I support though is to try and have more debates in the House so that we can make the best bills and amendments possible by perfecting them. But, if every House member agrees on a legislation than I donít think we should make it mandatory to have debates. I do think we should have some other overseers than the Founder that will make sure that laws passed by the House are not unconstitutional. These overseers could be the Justices since they donít really have a big role in the Union.

Yes, I plan on running firstly because thereís not really anyone who wants to run for it and even current Speaker Empire of Elysium whoís currently running for re-election said he wonít try to be Speaker again. I also think I am a good candidate since I was able to lead the Minister of Communications for a long time with no faults and since I would once like to be Prime Minister of Force, I think it is best for me to try and slowly climb the ladder. I also was able to revive the Minister of Communications and currently trying to do the same with RGBN and so with the House who has currently fallen quite inactive, by organizing more meetings and making a clear schedule like what the House once had. I also think Salibaic would be a great Speaker and would like to appoint him as my Deputy if I get elected because of that.

6. Do you think how impeachment works should change? Should the power to impeach rest with the House or should it perhaps be given directly to the citizens?

I think the current impeachment process works perfectly fine, not all citizens have the time to read the Force Laws and so people whose job is to look if people are respecting it should be the one to do it. But, the Court should be unbiased during the impeachment and should have no relations with the accused.

I think the best way would be to organize government meetings between the Cabinet and the House. House members should also try and seek help from Ministries that may be related to their legislation when writing it, such as the Ministry of Internal Affairs for a Political Party Bill or the Ministry of Communications for a Freedom of Information Act. When making a legislation that would make something illegal or punishable by the Union, the House member writing should also seek help from the Justices to help him write it. Obviously Iím not saying they should follow their every word but more try to get a second opinion from someone who is currently in charge of the said subject.

8. Neither of you has your primary region being RGBN, why should RGBN voters trust you to represent them over the Force?

Because I am the RGBN president. Currently, I consider Azerubia and Suter to be my primary nations. They both hold important roles in the Union and so I wouldn't really consider Azerubia to be my only primary nation. As the President of RGBN, I already represent them in the Union since I have the highest role there and have relations in Force such as with the Founder. I also know a lot of people of RGBN and I know what are their preoccupations so that's why I think I'm the best person to currently represent them.

Empire of Elysium

• Union House Speaker
        • View Profile
      Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 12:55:37 pm

House Bills I plan to repeal are primarily the lot of them which have became outdated due to amendments, new house bills, and force changing.

To make more anti-corruption laws, it would help to ensure all future elections and operations of government are fair and encourage more people to run for office as they wonít feel like they are having to go up against forces which have much more power than them.

I am the current speaker and have served two terms in the house already, among other offices. This is qualifying to serve in the house because Iíve already served in the house.

I donít want any changes to procedure.

No. Either Salibaic or Azerubia would be fine speakers.

I want it to be given to the citizens for them to decide.

I am happy with the current House-Cabinet relationship.
      I wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten.