Force Regional Forum

[New Applications Open] Formation of an Official Moderation Team

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Formation of an Official Moderation Team

Good day,

A recent incident in our Union, involving the banning of Libertatis Regalis, has caused us to re-evaluate our moderation procedures.

Up until now, we have relied on a combination of high level officials (myself and other Cabinet members) as well as a few trusted advisors, to make decisions regarding moderation. However, due to this incident and feedback from other regions in regards to it, we have realized that this model is not sustainable. Therefore, I have decided to establish an independent moderation team, separate from government. Government officials may be members of this team, but their membership in government shall and must not be linked to their role in moderation.

The moderation team would be tasked with, among other things: moderating our offsite platforms (including Discord servers, potentially forums, and game servers, should we come to possess any), evaluating complaints about specific members who have committed serious rule violations or violations of any platform's terms of service (ideally a specific team would handle this if the moderation team grew large enough), and masking new members, modifying channels and permissions, etc.

I am looking for people who are active, impartial, and have good judgement to form this team. If you believe you satisfy these qualifications and wish to be considered for membership, please fill out the following application:

Full Discord Username (including #xxxx):
Weekly Time Spent on Discord (in hours; give your best estimate):
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work):
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator:
Anything else you would like to add:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:07:05 pm by Renegalle »

Tigslarlowducken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:35:21 pm
Full Discord Username (including #xxxx): MrLanguid#9498
Weekly Time Spent on Discord (in hours; give your best estimate): 40-50?
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work): I have moderated two decently large servers previously.
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: Being a judge requires impartiality. Also, I have previous moderation experience.
- It'd sure as hell make the Court's job easier
- I tend to respond almost instantly whenever someone @s me, with the exception of when I am asleep.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:43:12 pm by Tigslarlowducken »
You are now breathing manually

Empire of Elysium

• Union House Speaker
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 09:36:37 pm
Full Discord Username (including #xxxx): Crab McEly#0400
Weekly Time Spent on Discord (in hours; give your best estimate): Too much 30 maybe
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work): head moderator on a server with 200+ members and a former moderator in force when UBI was a thing. Iím also active and knowledgeable in the rules 
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: Iím active in force and know the rules well, furthermore I donít let friendship get in the way of moderating
first.
I wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten.

Suter

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:39:33 pm
Full Discord Username (including #xxxx): Azy#4617
Weekly Time Spent on Discord (in hours; give your best estimate): 21 but I always check my notifications when I have one. Also good to mention I get one notif for every message in Force
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work): I have been moderators of many servers.
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: I know this discord very well and I know how to be unbias when it relates to important things. I also am very active and would always be ready for an emergency.
Anything else you would like to add: You are very based
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:45:48 pm by Azerubia »

DoggoMuffin

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 09:40:29 pm
Full Discord Username: DoggoMuffin#6573
Weekly Time Spent on Discord: I don't spend very much time staring at the Discord app but I am on my computer ~14 hours a day (~98 hours a week), so I'd be available at almost all times during those hours for this.
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work): modded before and have been debating for a year (and got a perfect win streak in the city championship, bringing me to state).
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: debating requires you to be impartial as you're rarely arguing your personal beliefs. Also I'm almost always on.

Caduceo

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 04:18:43 am
Full Discord Username: TinyHuman#4353

Weekly Time Spent on Discord: estimated around 7~8 hours every day so around 50+ hours weekly

Qualifications: Inside NS, I used to be an unofficial moderator (because I was a gov. official with perms) in the TRI Discord Server, the one big thing that happened then was that while verifying someone during the times when everyone else was asleep they spammed @everyone in massive text walls. They were kicked, the messages were purged, and when everyone came back it's like nothing even happened. Additionally, in Driselbia, being MoIA also included a few RMB moderation responsibilities. Outside NS, I'm pretty much against breaking any rules and if it means anything, I'm also a debater like above but not as big

Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: Because I believe I can be impartial when my official responsibilities require me to be. I'm familiar with our rules in place and are willing to enforce them when needed, and I'm well aware of most things on Discord. Effectivity is my name is something I strive to do so I'll also do my best in moderation.

There's one more thing that I believe would suit me better for this position - my time zone. The times when I'm alive are also the dead hours of many people, whether they're asleep or at work, etc. Think of it as the night shift, where I'll be able to moderate even if most people can't, and still keep the integrity of our region.

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 04:01:20 pm
Moderation Team Selections

Thank you all for your applications. I took every detail you included into careful consideration before making this decision.
Our Official Moderation Team will consist of:

Myself (Renegalle)
Marmotville (DoggoMuffin)
Tigslarlowducken
and
Azerubia

Congratulations and may you fulfill the demands of this role well.

This shall form the core of the moderation team. If needed, additional moderators will be chosen to help support the team. For now, applications are closed.

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 10:06:39 pm
New Moderation Team Selections

Good day. In order to expand the size of our moderation team and better cover other timezones, I have decided to appoint up to two new moderators. If you are interested, please apply using this application form:

Full Discord Username (including #xxxx):
Weekly Time Spent on Discord (in hours; give your best estimate):
Timezone:
Qualifications (non-government related; must be related to administration or moderation work):
Why you believe you would be an effective and impartial moderator: