Force Regional Forum

Request for Review: High Commission Vs. Internal Affairs

Sir Salibaic

• Citizens
  • Epic Hoot
    • View Profile
Mr Chief Justice, I would like to request that you review of the powers of the High Commissioner compared to the Minister of Internal Affairs on who shall be charged with overseeing the affairs of the Union's territories.

The law currently states that the High Commissioner shall be tasked with: "shall be charged with overseeing the affairs of the Union's territories. This shall include coordinating inter-union functions, tending to any issues that the territories may encounter, and ensuring that the law is upheld within them."

The law also states that the Minister of Internal Affairs shall be tasked with: "overseeing domestic matters, including recruitment, and ensuring new members of the Union understand how the government works and know about all the opportunities available to them."

What powers over territories does Internal Affairs have? What powers are entirely with the High Commission?

Tigslarlowducken

• Union Chief Justice
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 12:54:51 pm
Considering that “domestic” is not defined, it could be interpreted that MoIA is charged with overseeing the region of Force, whereas the High Commission oversees the other territories.
You are now breathing manually

Marcelli

• Union Justices
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 08:29:07 pm
From the excerpts Salibaic provided, the High Comissioner only has power in territories, and the MoIA only has power domestically. Further clarification of their respective powers in those excerpts does not seem to be necessary to me.

☕️ 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓢

• Citizens
  • 〘 𝓐𝓭 𝓐𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪 𝓟𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪 〙
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 11:48:31 pm
I believe the  Internal Affairs Minister of Force is tasked to only oversee domestic policy of Force itself and not the territories. The High Commission has it’s respective  jurisdiction and say over the territories, being superior to the will of the Internal Affairs Ministry on territorial issues.
✎𝕹𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓢