Force Regional Forum

Application for the Ministry of Roleplay

glacieri

• Union House Speaker
    • View Profile
on: November 11, 2020, 01:49:32 pm
Hello. I am sorry to all those I have fired. This is part of a standard application process in an attempt to make the Roleplay Ministry as small as possible. I want to eliminate insider knowledge as best as possible, and I figured that not sharing the entirety of the map, as well as keeping the Ministry to solely 5 members would be the best idea to maintain the integrity of the game.

I need members who are willing to discuss some key topics, from how the game should be played, to how fast years should go, to how the military needs to function to make it a fair shot.

The following positions will be considered:
- A statistician, someone who updates stats on the website, and has voting permissions
- A programmer, who updates the website and occasionally stats when the statistician is unavailable. They do not have voting permissions.
- An events idealist, who is willing to get down and dirty in an unbiased fashion to make RP interesting. I will be helping with this one as well so donít fret that. This position has voting permissions.
- Finally a rules idealist, who comes up with how the game can work. I will be assisting g this position as well so you donít need to completely rewrite the rules of the game. This position has voting permissions.

Iíd like to ask the following questions to anyone who wants to apply for the ministry. Note that I will most likely only be hiring 4 members, of which three will be voting members. Salibaic will be my boss but will not have any ability to intervene in our voting process or our decision making unless we reach an impasse. He has promised to me that he will be oversight and activity monitoring only. I donít want anyone to specifically say what position they want to take, I will be assigning it based on your answers.

Please answer the following.
What is your nation name and in what area of Force is it located?

What do you feel you can provide if you enter the Ministry of Roleplay?

What is the biggest thing you want to see change in the Roleplay?

What is the biggest thing you want to keep intact in the Roleplay?

Do you think Roleplay should be political or non-political? Should it be at risk to change with each Prime Minister or should it be a nonpartisan and independent part of government?

How do you think the military should work in the RP?

Should there be a limit on policies to limit growth?

What is your worst fear when it comes to the Roleplay? In your everyday as a player, what makes you most concerned?

I would like these questions in by Friday the 12th at 12PM MDST (2PM EST) for these to be considered.

This is a note for Renegalle. Please unpin and close the RP registration which is up by Sumeka.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:34:06 am by glacieri »

Sumeka

• Union Deputy Prime Minister
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 04:50:21 pm

Sumeka, in the Capital.

Several months worth of experience in the Roleplay ministry, both as a committee member and the Minister/RP Chair. I also have several ideas I would bring to the ministry that I want to see in Roleplay.

Activity for sure. We as of right now are almost completely dead. There is little incentive for activity, which admittedly has been partially a fault of my own.

I want to keep the world dynamic similar. (i.e. Every RP we typically have several factions who oppose one another, which keeps RP fresh due to conflict.)

Do you think Roleplay should be political or non-political? Should it be at risk to change with each Prime Minister or should it be a nonpartisan and independent part of government?

Roleplay should be a non-partisan and independent part of government. Oftentimes I see people bringing roleplay into the capital politics, when they are supposed to be irrelevant to one another. I would like to see this end.

I believe that military strength should depend wholly on expenditure and budget, so that one cannot simply spend everything on military and dominate everyone else on the map. I also believe in a yearly upkeep (significant) so that larger armies have a limiter, expenditure.

Yes. I would like to see Alemputo's system implemented, in which nations have several slots in which to place policies, so that nations can focus on one part, all without becoming a powerhouse.

What is your worst fear when it comes to the Roleplay? In your everyday as a player, what makes you most concerned?

RP being inactive. It always pains me to see it and I am genuinely hoping this reset will significantly revive activity. And from the looks of it, it shall.

Tigslarlowducken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:01:21 pm
Q. What is your nation name and in what area of Force is it located?

A. Tigslarlowducken, Capital

Q. What do you feel you can provide if you enter the Ministry of Roleplay?

A. Experience, activity, things relating to the military and technology, and events. Although, for events, a third person assigned to the task would be immensely helpful based on first-hand experience.

Q. What is the biggest thing you want to see change in the Roleplay?

A. War

Q. What is the biggest thing you want to keep intact in the Roleplay?

A. The bot

Q. Do you think Roleplay should be political or non-political? Should it be at risk to change with each Prime Minister or should it be a nonpartisan and independent part of government?

A. Independent but official, similar to the moderation team.

Q. How do you think the military should work in the RP?

A. I think RPers should have the option to either choose to just use stats or create war plans for a potential advantage. This means something like Finland vs the USSR could be possible with a good enough strategy. Military power should also have the potential to either reduce or increase crime, depending on how it is implemented.

Q. Should there be a limit on policies to limit growth?

A. In my opinion, no. If a person goes into enough detail and is a good enough author that a policy gives massive growth, it should be permitted. The number of policies a nation creates should be limited by the size of their stats, and nothing else.

Q. What is your worst fear when it comes to the Roleplay? In your everyday as a player, what makes you most concerned?

A. Two things: inactivity and resets
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:54:06 am by Tigslarlowducken »
You are now breathing manually

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:57:05 pm
Renegalle, Force - I also have a nation in every single other territory

I can provide technical expertise in the area of stats and experience

More activity and more focus on quality

Policies

It should not be political, though I think the government has done a fine job at keeping it that way in the past

As it does currently, though I agree there should be more emphasis on actually RPing wars

20% for GDP Growth has worked very well throughout multiple RPs; maybe around 3% max for population growth

Stagnation is often an issue as is people leaving

Wax Krovx Belgium

• Citizens
  • Belgian Lives Matter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:20:55 pm
Krovx Belgium, State Of RGBN.
I Really Don't Know What I Could Bring To The Table, But I Wish To Contribute To The Ministry Of Roleplay Nonetheless.
I Don't Know.
Annexations.
No, It Shouldn't Be Political. It Should Be Non-Partisan And Independent. For I Feel That If It Changes With Each PM, That Makes People Take It Less Seriously.
I Don't Know, Though I Do Feel It Should Be Possible For A Smaller Country To Beat A Larger One Under The Right Circumstances.
I Feel There Shouldn't
Lack Of Activity And Loss Of Wanting To Participate Due To Lack Of Activity, And Resets Causing People To Not Care About Doing Stupid Stuff.