Force Regional Forum

Proposed Amendment to the Force Constitution: Right to the Truth

Renegalle

• Founder
    • View Profile
Although no law exists specifying in what manner the Constitution may be edited, I would like to set a precedent for how future edits may be made until law is established regarding this matter.

The amendment to be made is as follows (text in green is what is being added; red struck out is what is being removed):

Article B: Rights of Citizenship

1. The right to a fair trial.
2. The right to protest freely.
3. The right to hold public office.
4. The right to the truth.
54. The right to freedom of the press., as long as this freedom does not infringe on the right to the truth.
65. The right to freely express and hold one's own political views.

This amendment may be changed and debated for 3 days from now, after which voting shall be held for 4 days.

Libertatis Regalis

• House Speaker
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:58:23 AM
I have a few questions
1. Who is going to determine what is true and what is false?
2. What if someone asks a government official about classified information, if you say that you don't know anything about it, that is a lie?
3. Where would this law be in effect? Discord, RPB, Discord DM, Telegrams?
4. What about government operations that require us to disseminate false information?
5. Would the better option be to create a law that states if you slander someone or the government and it causes harm or hurts said reputation in some fashion that they can be punished?

Seoul-Pyongyang

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:19 PM
On paper, a wonderful idea! It would make criminals, if it is implemented like Iím thinking, have to tell the truth, otherwise, they could be charged. However, once you go deeper, it turns out to be a bad idea. My school did this experiment where everyone was required to tell the truth, otherwise, if proven wrong, they would get a punishment. That week, more relationships were broken then Iíve ever seen in my whole life. People showed their true hatred towards each other, and there were a lot of fights. If implemented, peace could be broken, with more fights and broken relationships. It also can lead to people saying ďThatís fakeĒ and getting you in trouble for it.

Western Chosetus

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 12:00:51 PM
This is far too broad and would allow people to complain over the slightest of things. I personally would not support anything more than a slander law. I believe something like this would cause serious harm to Force's reputation and cause damage internally between its members. All this would do is give people a tool to use to get their way by bringing charges against people because they made minor mistakes. I will never support a law that limits speech in such a broad way and I urge everyone else to not support this either.