Force Regional Forum

Request for Review: The High Commissioner's powers in the capital.

Lashnakia

• Citizens
    • View Profile
Your Honour, Mr Chief Justice

In Article K of the constitution the roles and duties of the High Commisioner are laid out. Let's assess part of this article.

4. The Founder may appoint and dismiss, at their discretion, a High Commissioner, who shall be charged with overseeing the affairs of the Union's territories. This shall include coordinating inter-union functions, tending to any issues that the territories may encounter, and ensuring that the law is upheld within them.

Pretty basic, huh? Looks fine. Dig a bit deeper, and be very theoretical, it gets interesting though.

5. The Capital Territory shall be the seat of the Federal Government and be administered solely by it.

5.1. Force is the only capital territory.

So, Force is technically classified as a capital 'territory'.

The role of the High Commissioner: who shall be charged with overseeing the affairs of the Union's territories. This shall include coordinating inter-union functions, tending to any issues that the territories may encounter, and ensuring that the law is upheld within them.

`who shall be charged with overseeing the affairs of the Union's territories

Force is technically classified as a territory.

Now while it states the capital is administered solely by the Federal Government, it, nowhere in the constitution clearly defines what the Federal Government is and what it consists of. So, there's nothing stopping the High Commissioner, in a highly theoretical situation, claiming they are part of the Federal Government and requesting those powers above.

Could that technically place the High Commissioner ahead of the Prime Minister, in a theoretical instance?

While I am not actually going to pursue these theories, I do think the language in that section could be better worded, and I want a court opinion on the current state of it based off what I have said.

I am fully aware this sounds outlandish.

Thank you for your time,
Sir Lashnakia,